Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Product Reviews (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Gas Gas 2018 EC250 Six Days (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23233)

Gibnut 01-14-2018 02:56 PM

Gas Gas 2018 EC250 Six Days

First ride the other day, 70km.

Brilliant bike - balanced, pokey motor (if geared a little tall at 13/48), very well suspended, light & great ergos (6'2", 92kg otb).

Have been personalising it (TuBliss, etc) the last few days on & off in the shed and the fit and finish is as good as KTM or Beta as far as I can see. Some of the wiring does look a little budget, however. Remains to be seen how it holds up.

Airbox is much improved in terms of both volume & sealing. E-start worked in or out of gear all ride. Have plonked an NEDW in it (with stock 42/175) & will drop gearing to 13/50 for my terrain.

So far, very impressed.

Jakobi 01-14-2018 02:58 PM

Welcome aboard :D and congrats on the new purchase. Just a little jelly.

Gibnut 01-14-2018 02:58 PM

PS, just out of interest the bike gave a squish figure of 2.05mm & blew 186psi cold.

Gibnut 01-14-2018 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakobi (Post 180892)
Welcome aboard :D and congrats on the new purchase. Just a little jelly.

Thanks Jake - you would know me previously as Katokonvert from DBW.

Jakobi 01-14-2018 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibnut (Post 180894)
Thanks Jake - you would know me previously as Katokonvert from DBW.

Yep yep! Been following your updates over there too! I must say I like your choice of model and capacity. If I was in the position to upgrade it'd be where I'd be looking too.

shawbagga 01-14-2018 08:34 PM

Oi Gibber how does it go for your size/weight? I'm an inch or 2 taller than ya & probably 110kg+ RTR so just curious how it is for bigger blokes(opposed to ktm/beta).

What did 250 set ya back on road?

Gibnut 01-14-2018 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawbagga (Post 180904)
Oi Gibber how does it go for your size/weight? I'm an inch or 2 taller than ya & probably 110kg+ RTR so just curious how it is for bigger blokes(opposed to ktm/beta).

What did 250 set ya back on road?

Shawbagga, it feels bigger than a Beta straight up. Taller for sure, longer seat, too. The 'bar was set in the near position & I moved it to the furthest away mount holes. I also switched the offset lower clamp to the forward position.

It's interesting that this just about gets my 'bar end in line with the fork caps - where I like it to be comfy in standing attack. The stock 'bar has a fairly overgenerous (imho) 55mm sweep, so I roll it forward. Now the bike is comfy as.

Re price - pretty much no deals as the bike's are new & in demand. I just got a couple of things chucked in for nix is all. Worth every penny so far.

shawbagga 01-14-2018 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibnut (Post 180905)
Shawbagga, it feels bigger than a Beta straight up. Taller for sure, longer seat, too. The 'bar was set in the near position & I moved it to the furthest away mount holes. I also switched the offset lower clamp to the forward position.

It's interesting that this just about gets my 'bar end in line with the fork caps - where I like it to be comfy in standing attack. The stock 'bar has a fairly overgenerous (imho) 55mm sweep, so I roll it forward. Now the bike is comfy as.

Re price - pretty much no deals as the bike's are new & in demand. I just got a couple of things chucked in for nix is all. Worth every penny so far.

Good stuff man. Hope they bring out a new starter for next year, be my only concern(hopefully yours holds up!)

Jakobi 01-15-2018 01:07 AM

Get a 200 Craig! You know you wants one.

The one I sat on felt similar in height to my 2013 model, maybe a tad taller but I wasn't geared up and only had pluggers on instead of boots. Felt very familiar. Haven't had one in motion yet, should really go see Deano.. I don't want to know what I'm missing though! :rolleyes:

Gibnut 01-15-2018 04:15 AM

Sorry, Jakobi, but - a lot.

Not before time, the bike has been put in a sling-shot to 2018 - lighter, more agile, more power ('18 300 compared to '13 300) & better suspension, obviously.

They are more Beta-KTM in ergos/feel but the motor still sounds & rides like a Gas Gas.