Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2011 Model Gassers (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7582)

nambo-trev 07-10-2010 06:08 PM

+1 on the hubs, everything i put on my bike that was red anodized turns to pink. garbage unless you keep it in the garage all the time looking pretty:D

Berkyboy 07-10-2010 06:13 PM

I plan on being at the factory the week of July 26th and will get to the bottom of the e-start thing.

Its nice to see the FMF Q silencer/SA as a stock item now. I remember when we gave the factory race team one to try out last year at the WEC round in Mexico.

We had one on the chase bike we brought along and they were impressed on how quiet it was. Nambotin put it on his bike and for the rest of the year he ran one even though it was heavier than his stock one.

We got them a couple more Q's for Six Days last year and at that time word was it was the silencer the factory was going to use as Euro sound restrictions got even tougher this year.

I plan on bringing along a Rekluse EXP clutch for them (the factory) to try on my upcoming trip. They tried the original Rekluse clutch but weren't impressed as it had no clutch feel and they thought it was a more our less a gimmick.

nambo-trev 07-10-2010 06:54 PM

hey steve, if your going to the factory, ive heard rumours that the e-start was also going to come as a kit you could add to the 2010's ya think you could see what they say about that being a possiblity? i dont know if id want it depending on the weight but it would be a cool option!

twowheels 07-10-2010 09:16 PM

Not mentioned but evident in the photos is a new Keihin carb. Gone is the screw top, replaced with the Yamaha/Kawasaki-type mixer.

Brian 07-10-2010 09:31 PM

The new colors remind me of Beta, which is good because I think those Beta's look awesome. I like the new headlight, I wonder if it would fit my bike. If it put out decent light.

bergerhag 07-10-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berkyboy (Post 45834)
I plan on being at the factory the week of July 26th and will get to the bottom of the e-start thing.

Do encourage the factory guys to join us here at gasgasrider.org. A 'Factory Tech' subforum would be awesome. :D

noobi 07-11-2010 03:05 AM

Seeing as we already know the engine and chassis is good, I think that right after getting the e start out, the only other thing I can think of is sorting out the sachs fork, which it sounds like they did in 2010, be interesting to see how the 2011 stock suspension compares. Other than that I like it, maybe a bit too red, but id have to see it in the flesh. It looks better than the new ktms anyhow :rolleyes:

GMP 07-11-2010 06:19 AM

I like it, except the white fender, but thats JMO. With the red frame it would look perfect in the garage next to my Ducati.

JRDoz 07-11-2010 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noobi (Post 45842)
, the only other thing I can think of is sorting out the sachs fork, which it sounds like they did in 2010, be interesting to see how the 2011 stock suspension compares.

I have to say, I rode the 2010 model EC300 and was not impressed with the forks over rough terrain... They say for 2011 there is some changes to the forks... Lets hope they finally sort them out.. I'm not convinced with the Sachs product so far...:rolleyes:

aflica 07-11-2010 07:41 AM

i felt that way about the Sachs on my 09 myself , THAT was one of the BIGGEST reasons for getting the Nambo bike. And now in retrospect , i had no idea how much better they made the motor run. From my 09 to this bike , its night and day difference. I have heard there was a little cylinder reworking by S3 who makes the Piston , Jug and Cylinder head for the Gassers , hope this work or design change makes it into all the bikes now. But my Nambo runs flawlessly , the best running 300 Ive ever come across , and i used to think that my 06 had a hot motor . The one thing that impresses me but maybe not so to others is , that Gas Gas make small BUT important tweaks to the design every new model year. That new Q Steath is a fantastic silencer , the new tank for 2010 was a good change , the new brake pedal and brake side foot peg was good. The rad shrouds have bolts now , not little screws in plastic, and i could go on for a while here about all the differences between my 06 , 09 and now my Nambo . The list of minor and sometimes overlooked changes really adds up to a company that recognizes problem areas to a really good overall product and deals with them. Change isn't always good , radical redesign every couple of years is crazy , but some manufacturers think that's the way to go. Keep working on a proven product to make it a little better each year as the feed back comes in , that works for me

My $.02 worth