Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   GASGAS factory is close again?? (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24547)

adriano.ro 06-20-2019 12:39 PM

GASGAS factory is close again??

I saw on Facebook some news about this sad thing!
Someone knows more?

SS109 06-20-2019 07:52 PM

Yeah, it's time for a factory rep to come give us the scoop on what's going on with the company.

https://www.diaridegirona.cat/econom...al/987459.html
https://www.diaridegirona.cat/econom...em/987668.html

dzhitshard 06-20-2019 09:16 PM

Gutted.

I lost my 2018 xc300 to a blown Left main bearing and worked a deal with the dealer 2.5 hours away to trade another bike in for a new 19 xc300 while he waited for parts to rebuild my 18. (kid needs something decent to ride anyway)

2 hours into the drive I got a text to check that story. Asked the dealer when I arrived and he had zero idea, thought I was joking with him.

Lets just say it was an uncomfortably awkward afternoon at the dealership. I feel for the businesses who've helped build that 18+ bike to the awesome machine it is. I've bought WAY too many new bikes in the last 5 years and I've never had support like I've had from the 2 dedicated GG dealers I know of that are within 4hours of me.

SS109 06-20-2019 10:35 PM

Well, I wouldn't get too worried yet. GG isn't closed and appears to be delivering their newest model, the Ranger, so they might be ok. I personally believe this to probably be the new management, having learned from their time running the company, making necessary adjustments to how things were done before and improving their business model. We all new it would take time for the company to truly be back and in the black.

adriano.ro 06-21-2019 12:45 AM

They need to rethink marketing strategy. Aggressive strategy is needed, Beta,Ktm,Sherco are strong bikes and the battle on enduro market is very high this days.

(F5) 06-21-2019 03:42 AM

Just keep on with the 2 strokes. Life is just more fun with that hit.

blitz11 06-21-2019 10:13 AM

Seems pretty serious to me. I sat on a 2018, and thought, "wow. nice." my second daughter graduated from engineering school, so my thought was "update what i have, then buy a new bike with the $$$ i save by not paying for tuition and living expenses now that she has a job."

I think that plan might be shot. I am glad i did do the transformation kit as the bike looks good. i haven't ridden it yet because i was waiting for an airbox boot. That arrived, and i finished the bike two nights ago. It's snowing (still) in Montana, but maybe i'll ride it in a couple of weeks to see how the old bike goes.

I hope that this doesn't kill the parts supply.

From google translate,

The Torrot-Gas Gas committee is afraid that the temporary ERO will result in a "closed closure" ACN
Temporary employment regulation record (ERO) in Torrot-Gas Gas will affect 128 employees (100% of the workforce) and the company wants to start applying it from July 1. It will last for six months, during which workers will go to unemployment based on production needs. The committee and the trade union representatives criticize that the direction has been closed in a band and "does not want to compensate anything" and fear that the file will result in a "concealed closure". The general secretary of the FICA-UGT in Girona, Isabel Mart?nez, concludes that the motorcycle maker suffers "serious treasury problems", because he accumulates 41 million euros of losses in three years, and claims to the investment fund that there He has behind the scenes that "put money to guarantee the continuity" of Torrot-Gas Gas.

The management of Torrot-Gas Gas, which manufactures electric motorcycles and racing, has announced on Thursday to the committee the details of the temporary ERO that will affect 100% of the staff. The company plans to start applying it from July 1 and today, in fact, the negotiation period has already been opened (because the law states that, in these cases, it must be fifteen days) .

The file will last for half a year, during which the staff will go to unemployment. "They would regulate and deregulate people based on production needs, but the big problem is that they are not expected to make more motorcycles and there is no money to buy raw materials," explains the general secretary of the FICA-UGT.

In total, the ERO will affect 128 workers. Of these, 95 work in the factory that Torrot-Gas Gas has in Salt (62 in the section of motorcycles of competition that are sold under the seal of Gas Gas and the remaining 33, manufacturing electric motorcycles for Torrot). There are eleven more that work in Vilablareix (where the company produces a speed trip) and the rest are distributed between the offices of Matar?, Madrid and C?diz (where Torrot-Gas Gas builds a factory).

Isabel Mart?nez concludes that, at the start, the company has not been open to compensate for anything. "We are very disappointed," explains the secretary of the UGT. Among others, the committee has asked Torrot-Gas Gas to supplement unemployment for as long as they do not work, holidays or not to lose extra payments. "And what is more important: if in the hypothetical case that went to creditors or the company would end up closing, if it would end up replacing this unemployment time," says Martinez.

Torrot-Gas Gas's response, however, has been a complete refusal. "They told us everything they did not, and the situation was bad," the union representative of the UGT admits. Tomorrow, the two parties have a new meeting in the morning to continue negotiating the ERO.

A "concealed closure"
The committee and the trade unions fear that the temporary ERO will end up leading to a "concealed closure". And for that, they ask Black Toro Capital, the investment fund behind Torrot-Gas Gas, which pays more money. "If you really believe the project, you bet on it," Martinez underlines.

From the address, they have been told that during these six months they trust to be able to find a new investor. But workers are distrustful. They say that in the Salt Factory the production is already "under minimums" and, in fact, there are already workers who have chosen to look for other jobs seeing the situation that the motorcycle maker makes.

"There is no money or treasury"
The general secretary of the FICA-UGT explains that Torrot-Gas Gas suffers "serious treasury problems." "We are saying that the company may be able to guarantee the next payroll and little more - it is a true drama, because we are talking about the future and the bread of many families," says Isabel Mart?nez.

In fact, the general secretary of the UGT explains that, as it appeared in the documentation of the ERO of extinction that the company presented this spring - and that did not end up applying - the motorcycle maker "accumulates 41 MEUR of losses in three years ". "This is a bleeding, and that amount is increasing," says the union spokesman. During the last year, Torrot-Gas Gas also suffered a drop in sales of more than 50% (from 39.3 million euros in invoicing from 2017 to 22 last year).

The committee and the unions already warn, however, that the staff will not be left with arms crossed. "Depending on what we are told tomorrow, we will make an assembly and respond strongly, but we will not stay unemployed waiting for them to play with our future," concludes Isabel Mart?nez.

Mark Berg - CPD 06-21-2019 11:45 AM

Not quite the truth

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to let all of you know if you haven't heard already of an article released in Spain about the "closure" of the GasGas company. This story is filled with incorrect statements and half truths, it doesn't appear the USA is only country that likes fake news or news altered for an objective. There is a MAJOR restructuring going on in Spain that should have been accomplished well over 8 months ago, but with the politics between the two major shareholders, it hasn't gone quickly or smoothly. Black Toro Capital (60% investors) are looking for investors to purchase the Contreras shares in GasGas so they may split the two companies apart and during the intermediate future, they have had to do a temporary layoff. There are three investment candidates right now, and one has had 4 meetings already with a 5th meeting coming, so things are looking positive.

In the meantime, Black Toro Capital is continuing the needed restructure and to undo all of what the previous management had done. In the last three years, the old management went from 70 employees to 135 employees. Created a GasGas Sales office in Barcelona away from factory in Girona. Created a Torrot Sales office in Madrid. Created a Torrot Flagship store in Madrid. Hired a 3rd party warehouse for parts distribution in between Madrid and Barcelona. Started construction on a new factory for Torrot in Cadiz, Spain. Along with purchasing or acquiring SEVERAL other entities. All of these costly overheads that bring no return of investment are closing and all is going back to Girona. Thankfully! GasGas will become just GasGas again!

The aftermarket support team will still be operational the entire time, as are some of the other major support teams needed for everyday operation, which the story left out of course. Also, there is limited production still going on based on Torrot Muvi (scooter) orders and some limited production of 2020 trials in July. Product release is still set for the end of July, with our order period being in August.

There WILL BE an official press release from GasGas next week to combat this article release from the unions.

I have known of this "fridge" layoff for over 2 months (as I said, things work slow in Spain) and it is finally looking like it will take effect July 1st . This is much needed to slow down operating costs and lower staffed employees. We have been working hard here in the USA in order to do our part, and sadly some layoff's are coming here as well that none of us want. Many companies go through this including Arctic Cat, Harley Davidson and others.

We will continue to support all that have purchased a GasGas and love the brand here in North America. We have built a very good new business here in North America and are disappointed in the setbacks, but will survive and will grow again.

Thank you again for your continued support, and our door is always open!

Jacob 'Berg 06-21-2019 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torrot NA - Mark Berg (Post 190634)
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to let all of you know if you haven't heard already of an article released in Spain about the "closure" of the GasGas company. This story is filled with incorrect statements and half truths, it doesn't appear the USA is only country that likes fake news or news altered for an objective. There is a MAJOR restructuring going on in Spain that should have been accomplished well over 8 months ago, but with the politics between the two major shareholders, it hasn't gone quickly or smoothly. Black Toro Capital (60% investors) are looking for investors to purchase the Contreras shares in GasGas so they may split the two companies apart and during the intermediate future, they have had to do a temporary layoff. There are three investment candidates right now, and one has had 4 meetings already with a 5th meeting coming, so things are looking positive.

In Spain, if you want to restructure or eliminate/terminate employees it is NOT very easy at all. Each employee must be given a severance of 1 month plus for every year they have been employed with a company. When trying to reduce employee/overhead of at least 35 employee?s that are mostly from the Torrot side, but on the same payroll as GasGas, this is not an easy task, nor is it inexpensive. The other real option is to do a temporary layoff as they call it ?put to the fridge?. This way the government must step in and pay unemployment but it isn't anywhere close to the employee salaries, and the effect would hope to be that the employee goes looking for other work. You can now see why that story is so one sided and from the union leaders trying to make a social media outcry.

In the meantime, Black Toro Capital is continuing the needed restructure and to undo all of what the previous management had done. In the last three years, the old management went from 70 employees to 135 employees. Created a GasGas Sales office in Barcelona away from factory in Girona. Created a Torrot Sales office in Madrid. Created a Torrot Flagship store in Madrid. Hired a 3rd party warehouse for parts distribution in between Madrid and Barcelona. Started construction on a new factory for Torrot in Cadiz, Spain. Along with purchasing or acquiring SEVERAL other entities. All of these costly overheads that bring no return of investment are closing and all is going back to Girona. Thankfully! GasGas will become just GasGas again!

The aftermarket support team will still be operational the entire time, as are some of the other major support teams needed for everyday operation, which the story left out of course. Also, there is limited production still going on based on Torrot Muvi (scooter) orders and some limited production of 2020 trials in July. Product release is still set for the end of July, with our order period being in August.

There WILL BE an official press release from GasGas next week to combat this article release from the unions.

I have known of this "fridge" layoff for over 2 months (as I said, things work slow in Spain) and it is finally looking like it will take effect July 1st . This is much needed to slow down operating costs and lower staffed employees. We have been working hard here in the USA in order to do our part, and sadly some layoff's are coming here as well that none of us want. Many companies go through this including Arctic Cat, Harley Davidson and others.

We will continue to support all that have purchased a GasGas and love the brand here in North America. We have built a very good new business here in North America and are disappointed in the setbacks, but will survive and will grow again.

Thank you again for your continued support, and our door is always open!

I appreciate the update and clarification on what is happening in Spain with the brand. I know this means a lot to those of us who love the Gas Gas brand and we are fortunate to have someone that will take the time to respond to the media reports and speculations. Thank you Mark!

MotoHead 06-21-2019 02:00 PM

Yes thank you Mark!