Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Engine - 2 stroke (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Best Pipe Messico, FMF or DEP (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3821)

gasser250sm 12-23-2008 12:17 PM

Best Pipe Messico, FMF or DEP

Hi,

I have a 2002 EC250 Supermoto, i use it mostly on the road so im after mid range/top end pull. The bike came with the standard Messico front pipe and GG silencer.

The silencer soon got destroyed to pieces and i bought a DEP and it performed the same and sounded the same really. Now the Messico front pipe has snapped in half like it was a bake bean can ! ive only had the bike 2 months. So now i need a new front pipe originally i thought get a DEP Front Pipe so i got the set but i have discovered that they are more replacment than performance parts, so how about the FMF fatty ? ive been told will give me more over rev and top end. Will this work well with a DEP silencer or shall i get a powercore 2?

I know the Gnarly and Fatty are the same dimensionally but mine is pre 2003.

Thanks for the help in advance. dhyllan

webmaster 12-23-2008 03:30 PM

For supermoto - you want more top end - whereas the fmf pipes will focus power down lower at the cost of top.

The doma will provide smooth power all the way through with more on top - my experience on my '01 is that it is similar to the messico - but has smoother transition all the way through - really smooth if jetting is right - and more on top.

CRD was also making a pipe for a while - not sure about this one... I think Doma makes the pipe for SPES - so these would be the same (I think...)

jeff

widebear 12-23-2008 04:14 PM

Jeff is spot on. could'nt of summed it up better myself.

gasser250sm 12-24-2008 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 24349)
For supermoto - you want more top end - whereas the fmf pipes will focus power down lower at the cost of top.

The doma will provide smooth power all the way through with more on top - my experience on my '01 is that it is similar to the messico - but has smoother transition all the way through - really smooth if jetting is right - and more on top.

CRD was also making a pipe for a while - not sure about this one... I think Doma makes the pipe for SPES - so these would be the same (I think...)

jeff

Thanks Jeff, i thought the Fatty focused on mid/top, well thats what the manufacture says, but suppose thats my first mistake listening to them ! i will look for a doma, have you got any links where i can get them from, are they a strong exhaust ?

gaser 12-24-2008 04:20 AM

Doma are thin gauge pipes

gasser250sm 12-24-2008 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaser (Post 24371)
Doma are thin gauge pipes

ye, do they give much of a performance difference over the FMF Fatty mid/top end, is it noticable?

JEEPUSAURUS 12-24-2008 05:40 PM

The fatty is supposed to target mid/top, i have not run one, but have been told that there is hardly no difference from the messico, and the gnarley is for more bottom

gasser250sm 12-25-2008 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEEPUSAURUS (Post 24399)
The fatty is supposed to target mid/top, i have not run one, but have been told that there is hardly no difference from the messico, and the gnarley is for more bottom

ye, if thats the case ill defintley get a fatty as they are strong too and i can source one quite cheap, has anyone got experience of using the gnarly and fatty is there really that much difference ? is the fatty very similar to the fatty ? thanks