Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Reeds? (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10)

gasgasman 07-12-2006 08:35 PM

Reeds?

On my '01 SE 250, I had carbon fiber single stage reeds. When I did a recent top end, I switched back to the Boyesen dual stage reeds.
Now the power band is too mellow.

Would LT Racing single stage reeds put some pep back into my bike?
My riding style suits the on-off type powerband.

webmaster 07-12-2006 08:51 PM

Hey Girard,
These reeds are listed in the aftermarket parts section of the website here. Unfortunately, Les had a problem with the supplier of his reeds. The design was changed and they lost reliability in the process. He is not selling them at the current time due to this issue.

Suggest you go for the Boyeson Pro-Series Reed that are carbon fiber on the top reed... They add snap and are what Guillaume Porte wanted Les to put in his bike for the Indiana GNCC that he ran here in the U.S. a few years back.

FYI - Guillaume Porte was a gasgas factory racer and is currently GasGas Enduro Team Manager.

jeff

GMP 07-16-2006 07:53 PM

Girard,

The Motowest reeds were made by Carbon Tech, which is now owned by Boyesen. You may still be able to get the single stage carbon fiber reeds from them.

The Pro Rev reeds that Les sold for a short time self destructed in the GG125 quickly.

A fast guy like you needs a VForce.

gasgasman 07-16-2006 08:56 PM

Glenn.
I thought about the VForce. But will I need to find a manifold that will fit?
The Carbon tech reeds I have are about 2 years old and still looked new.

Today I found out why my bike was running weak.

The internal baffle in the gas cap was deformed, not allowing the tank to breathe.
The bike would sputter on the top end.
When it did it, I pulled over and my fuel filter was dry. I pulled the vent tube off, still dry, then I loosened the gas cap and fuel started flowing.
I pulled the baffle out, now it runs like a scalded ape.

GMP 07-17-2006 07:35 PM

If you want to do it all you need is a manifold for an '06 plus the VForce reed block. I did mine before the OEM VForce so I had to make my own manifold.

Mark Tracy 07-18-2006 09:23 AM

Gasgasman,

I thought your bike ran very strong (last Sunday) and was quiet "peppy" - plenty of power, revs a bit too much for my taste comming off a 300. My coolant level was fine, I wonder who's coolant we all smelled? Get your rear suspension serviced :)

TeX MarK

gasgasman 07-18-2006 07:13 PM

Mark.
My bike was running lean due to the gas cap vent being restricted, I suspected it was overheating because of that.

LandRover 08-15-2006 05:40 AM

For info i was using carbon fibre one stage reeds.......lasted about 2 months before the engine ate them ......still waiting on word from the makers to see what happened...
:)