Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ivan Cervantes and Nambotin whats up?? (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10864)

Malcolm 10-24-2011 01:11 PM

Ivan Cervantes and Nambotin whats up??

OK Christophe Nambotin is leaving and goinig to KTM , who's taking his place and will they still be making a Nambotin replica? Ivan Cervantes is getting his butt kicked on the EC250 as he he is running it head to head against 450 four strokes , are the rumorus about a 350 4T true? If not what has GasGas got up their sleeve?

swazi_matt 10-24-2011 02:10 PM

Have also found the silence on this topic to be rather deafening!!

desertgasser300 10-24-2011 03:18 PM

I'm not holding my breath.

Little off topic, I noticed both of you are from S.A. Did you ever catch the Red Bull Street Luge races in Cape Town? I wish I would have been into Enduro riding back then. South Africa looks like wide open spaces to ride.

Clay 10-24-2011 03:37 PM

I noticed on a price sheet that there is a 2012 300 Cervantes Replica that will be out in 2012. I guess that means he will be riding a 300 2T next year. Prolly shouldn't have posted this. It was prolly meant to be top secret! :eek:

Todd5774 10-24-2011 03:55 PM

There is a privateer team 'FTO' who are running 2 gas gas bikes next year.

And also.

The Gas Gas Racing Team in the Enduro World Championship incorporated since last Grand Prix of Turkey and until end of season a new official rider in the absolute categories: Cedric Melotte, who enters the factory structure to ride the EC 250F in Enduro 1.

The popular Belgian motocross rider is an old acquaintance from fans of the Spanish firm, which has been linked with several seasons, first through the Belgian importer and, this season, as rider of Gas Gas Italy for the Assoluti. Melotte joined the official structure after two promising performances in the Grand Prix of Portugal and Italy and allows complete the representation of the mark in the three highest categories of the World Championship. The agreement between Gas Gas and the rider expected that follow riding at the Italian championship in E3 with the EC 300, as at present, and that the agreement with the Factory Team can be extended to 2012.

So looks like gas gas are keeping their official team under wraps for the moment, I'm sure I read somewhere that they were looking for a French rider, but I can't find the article.

Nhuskys 10-24-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malcolm (Post 72903)
OK Christophe Nambotin is leaving and goinig to KTM , who's taking his place and will they still be making a Nambotin replica? Ivan Cervantes is getting his butt kicked on the EC250 as he he is running it head to head against 450 four strokes , are the rumorus about a 350 4T true? If not what has GasGas got up their sleeve?

With all due respect... Meo kicked his butt, with a 302cc 4 stroke Husky.:D

Synergy-Seals 10-24-2011 08:04 PM

He definitely needs to be running a 3 hunny

robszombie 10-24-2011 09:59 PM

I've heard that Sebastien Guillaume will be leaving Husky & joining the GG team for 2012.

swazi_matt 10-25-2011 12:53 AM

Have they not considered getting lampkin to race all the extreme enduros like Graham Jarvis has on the husa this year. I think the DVD sales are prob biggest from those types of events and douggie has shown what he is capable of at erzberg

Vindicator 10-25-2011 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robszombie (Post 72946)
I've heard that Sebastien Guillaume will be leaving Husky & joining the GG team for 2012.

True, already official some weeks ago:

http://www.befurious.com/sebastien-g...0-de-nambotin/

Makes sense because the French market is crucial for GG and with Nambo gone...

The rumor is that Cervantes will for sure be riding a 4St next year, either with a new GG engine or with a Yamaha 450 last generation.

The 2012 EC300 Cervantes might make sense because that will probably be the bike he will use for 2012 FIM Super Enduro Championship (similar do Endurocross)