Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Gas Gas Forum challenges... (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23227)

Ghostrider 01-11-2018 10:57 PM

Gas Gas Forum challenges...

Hello GGF,
I have been wondering why these forums are so slow? With the GG brand moving forward and things really being extremely well received, you would think more Gas Gas owners would post. The bikes have my attention.
As a non off-road guy, I think these bikes are seriously great looking machines.
I?d Love to ride one. May be time for a trip down to Beaver Creek Cycle...

Ghost

(F5) 01-12-2018 01:11 AM

Forums are dead man all the cool kids hang out on whatever replaced Farcebook. The rest of us dinosaurs will hang out here until petrol runs out.

I'm now calling myself a dirt rider as well as road but it's taken 20 years to not feel like a road guy lost. I started dirt at 30 after an abortive start as a teenager. Wish I'd started earlier. Absolutely love my GG.
Lots.

CDN Rick 01-12-2018 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostrider (Post 180846)
Hello GGF,
I have been wondering why these forums are so slow? With the GG brand moving forward and things really being extremely well received, you would think more Gas Gas owners would post. The bikes have my attention.
As a non off-road guy, I think these bikes are seriously great looking machines.
I?d Love to ride one. May be time for a trip down to Beaver Creek Cycle...

Ghost

Bike specific forums always seem to be a little slow until they are massive like that one orange brand is. Even then most people seem to prefer forums that cover a bunch of different brands. Probably because a lot of us own more than one bike and are interested in lot of different things and not just the one bike we currently own.

I work a great job that has lots of short periods throughout the day where I literally have nothing to do. Lets me frequent a lot of forums and virtually "hang out" with friends.

If you are ever on ADVrider swing on by the "All Things GasGas" thread in Thumpers and say Hi! Just remember to come back here for all the real GasGas chatter.

Definitely go and beg, borrow, or steal until you can swing a leg over an '18 Gasser. IMO it is the absolute best offroad bike for sale right now bar none. You'll thank yourself.

Ghostrider 01-12-2018 07:00 PM

Thanks guys. I am probably just showing my age(43) like stated.;)
My problem is I have 3 mx bikes, don?t ride enough ,and not realizing that the new off-road bikes are versatile enough to ride on a open practice track no problem. Only ridden Off-road once in AZ. Now I?m kinda leaning towards doing it now here at home in Ohio. I?ll work on getting a ride on a 18 in the spring.

Ghost

(F5) 01-12-2018 10:37 PM

Ahh a mere spring chicken!
About to load up for tomorrows ride. Hope its not as hot as today. Sheesh.

CDN Rick 01-13-2018 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostrider (Post 180869)
Thanks guys. I am probably just showing my age(43) like stated.;)
My problem is I have 3 mx bikes, don?t ride enough ,and not realizing that the new off-road bikes are versatile enough to ride on a open practice track no problem. Only ridden Off-road once in AZ. Now I?m kinda leaning towards doing it now here at home in Ohio. I?ll work on getting a ride on a 18 in the spring.

Ghost

Have fun!! I'll give the same advice I wish I was given.

If you can find some training sessions with a professional in your area, GO!!
Chris Birch does training here in Canada and it has improved my riding exponentially! Well worth the cost!

barossi73 01-13-2018 04:41 PM

+1 Chris is a great kiwi to hang with for a day working on the bike skills.Up close,you realise just how skillful these top guys are,and it really encourages you to improve yourself,(with the proper techniques,bike setup etc)

Ghostrider 01-13-2018 11:13 PM

Thanks, I could use a good off-road lesson or 7.🤷🏻*♂️ I doubt I?ll see Chris but he is talented. Here in Ohio I will have to find a slouch like Fred Andrews...😂

Ghost

Chaz955i 01-17-2018 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostrider (Post 180882)
Thanks, I could use a good off-road lesson or 7.🤷🏻*♂️ I doubt I?ll see Chris but he is talented. Here in Ohio I will have to find a slouch like Fred Andrews...😂

Ghost

Where are you located in Ohio? I'm just north of Akron and do most of my riding at Pine Lakes, Bear Creek or Renegade Ridge.

Ghostrider 01-21-2018 06:36 PM

Chaz,
Sorry, I just saw this. I?m up near Sandusky in the Ohio dead zone of off-road riding. Unless of course you like Ohio Bike Week.:D

Ghost