Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestion Box (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Delete Thread Icon in message edit window. (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6746)

REVERUP 01-30-2010 11:17 AM

Delete Thread Icon in message edit window.

Is there no way for the poster of a new thread to delete a problem thread before the web community has posted comments to it.

Today I made multiple mistakes trying to post a poll. It all started when I forgot to put in some info and it prompted me to go back. My computer settings would not allow me to reverse the page. Ultimately while trying to fix this I ended up creating 3 useless threads I could have easily deleted. But when I went into edit to delete you can only delete the message not the entire thread.

It would be cool if it were possible to add a delete thread icon in the edit window for the original poster in case things happen like they did this morning for me. Even if it was limited like only a 5 minute period you could delete or something to that effect.
Especially for guys stuck in the stone age like me with limited computer knowledge who screw up all the time.

Not sure if this is a possibility or not but I thought I would throw it out there.

Sorry about the screw ups today. :o

Roscoe

GasTimppa 01-31-2010 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REVERUP (Post 39228)
Is there no way for the poster of a new thread to delete a problem thread before the web community has posted comments to it.

Today I made multiple mistakes trying to post a poll. It all started when I forgot to put in some info and it prompted me to go back. My computer settings would not allow me to reverse the page. Ultimately while trying to fix this I ended up creating 3 useless threads I could have easily deleted. But when I went into edit to delete you can only delete the message not the entire thread.

It would be cool if it were possible to add a delete thread icon in the edit window for the original poster in case things happen like they did this morning for me. Even if it was limited like only a 5 minute period you could delete or something to that effect.
Especially for guys stuck in the stone age like me with limited computer knowledge who screw up all the time.

Not sure if this is a possibility or not but I thought I would throw it out there.

Sorry about the screw ups today. :o

Roscoe

Errare humanum est :rolleyes:

REVERUP 01-31-2010 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GasTimppa (Post 39262)
Errare humanum est :rolleyes:

Kittos! :)

webmaster 02-02-2010 04:31 PM

Unfortunately - if I give a person the ability to delete a thread - you can delete any one elses thread too...

You should be able to delete your own post - if this happens to be the only post in the thread then the thread should go away completely...

jeff

REVERUP 02-03-2010 06:36 PM

Ya I figured it may have consequences like that, no biggie. Just throwing it out there.

Thanks for looking into it Jeff!

Roscoe