Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Fuel Consumption/Ignition Curves 2019 EC 300 (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24749)

Doc Brown 10-04-2019 04:31 PM

Fuel Consumption/Ignition Curves 2019 EC 300

Sorry, wasn't sure which forum is the right one, so posted it here.

Has anyone on any model year that has or comes with an ignition curve switch noticed that fuel consumption is higher with the "rain" curve? Or does the engine produce more spooge when ridden with the soft/rain curve?

Mine is a 300/2019 and I think that it might drink a bit more when in rain mode but I am not 100% sure. What are your experiences?

Thx
Doc

Zman 10-05-2019 08:07 AM

I do not have that data but the rain curve retards the ignition timing which makes the engine less efficient so it makes sense that the mpg would go down.

Doc Brown 10-05-2019 01:13 PM

I haven't really looked at it yet but the Kato did take a little more when in "rain mode". It would have been interesting to see what others have experienced but seems no one cares :)

Gasser Nate 10-05-2019 05:40 PM

Mine is a 2018 so no switch. I never tested with the Tm, only ever ran it in rain mode when I was buggered.

rodent 10-05-2019 06:33 PM

OP, your post reminded me of my brother :) Ever since we were kids(we're in our mid 50's now) my brother has always been interested in fuel economy and other similar aspects of his cars and bikes, and he still is to this very day. He recently give me the rundown of what mileage and whatnot his new retro Z9 is getting.

I think that it's cool that he has an interest in this sort of thing, but me I'm only interested in that I have enough spondulas to fill the tank when It's empty :D

(F5) 10-06-2019 02:16 AM

I'm of a similar ilk but we use Spondoolies in NZ. Not sure what the conversion rate is at the moment.

Gasser Nate 10-06-2019 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (F5) (Post 192330)
I'm of a similar ilk but we use Spondoolies in NZ. Not sure what the conversion rate is at the moment.

Trust you kiwis to make up some silly name for it! 😜

Doc Brown 10-06-2019 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodent (Post 192328)
OP, your post reminded me of my brother :) Ever since we were kids(we're in our mid 50's now) my brother has always been interested in fuel economy and other similar aspects of his cars and bikes, and he still is to this very day. He recently give me the rundown of what mileage and whatnot his new retro Z9 is getting.

I think that it's cool that he has an interest in this sort of thing, but me I'm only interested in that I have enough spondulas to fill the tank when It's empty :D

LOL :D Honestly, I don't care about fuel consumption because of costs I just like to know how far I come with one tank as I ride in the middle of nowhere sometimes.
If I need 10 or 12 liters for 100km's does not play a role when riding normally as my van is never farther away than 5km's.... but out in the wilderness of Romania it is something to consider :-)