Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   NorthEast United States (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   71st Sandy Lane Enduro (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2311)

fury1 03-01-2008 05:19 PM

71st Sandy Lane Enduro

going back this year for more,last time down I ruined my knee and didnt finish,great ride for the northern guys who still have snow,weather can be cold,but its a great enduro with some tight sections,great enduro to get in some riding and have some fun,we get our butts kicked by the ECEA guys,but they get to ride most of the winter anyway,definetly a good warm up for our next enduro in may! probably see some of you guys there!
http://www.ecea.org/forums/index.php...e=post&id=1535

Brian VT 03-01-2008 05:33 PM

I'm registurd.
See you there. You staying at the Hammonton Ramada ? Is Phlegm going ?

eff 03-01-2008 07:03 PM

I'll make it down some day. My sister-in-law lives 15-20 min away.

fury1 03-01-2008 08:22 PM

crem is not going down,Im going with Marky B will be staying in hammonton

GMP 03-01-2008 08:34 PM

I'll be there, at the Ramada as well. The crew is still changing so we will post enter. NJ is quite different north to south. Where I live its like NETRA terrain, and I havn't been out since last fall. Still a few inches of snow in the woods. The guys who live down there and/or are in the southern clubs get to ride more, but its illegal unless you have a permit to work on trail.

GMP 03-17-2008 07:51 PM

So how did everyone do? Good to see Kevin again and meet Brian.

I'm happy that my back held up fine, and I know I can still ride hard. Major monkey butt from that '07 seat though, as you can't really stand in the tight stuff and the course was hacked up on minute #79.

Brian VT 03-17-2008 08:00 PM

Nice to meet you Glenn.
I didn't stay for the results. I got promoted to B last year and my class (B Senior) is pretty fast. I dropped 54. I don't have a prayer for a trophy down there or in NETRA. Plus, we had a 7 hr. drive ahead of us. It was worth the drive though. What a great ride. They sure went easy on us this year. Glad your back is letting you have some fun.

GMP 03-17-2008 08:37 PM

You and I are in the same situation. I hit a wall and just need more time to ride events to advance that I don't have. I had a couple issues, one with my jacket/CP pinching my arm, and the seat:eek: , cost me some points(and pain) in the 2nd half. Bike worked great, really like the Sub mount setup.

I'll take 47 pts with no get offs considering I havn't ridden longer than 15 miles since Sept. I didn't stick around either, and saw you guys left when we were still packing up. What about Kevin, how did he do?

Brian VT 03-17-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMP (Post 14817)
I'll take 47 pts with no get offs...What about Kevin, how did he do?

I don't know how to ride the big sandy berms. I kept knifing the front end and crashing in the silliest places.
I was on the ground 8 or 9 times and got stuck in one of the very few mud ruts for my 54 so I'd guess we're in about the same boat right now.

Kevin got a 2 min. burn. I think he might have trophied if not for that.

fury1 03-17-2008 08:54 PM

HAHA! I did terrible,dropped 33 points?was sitting fourth,but they had moved me to sixth by the time I got my sub and coffee!!,we left before the final results were up,but we had only lost three points up to the last check before gas,burned that one by 2 minutes costing me 7 extra points and any hope of placing,after gas things got worse,I cramped up in the first tight section and just couldnt get going,once things opened up I was fine,but the tight stuff took a toll on me,Im way out of riding shape,I was chasing a NETRA AA rider for the first loop and carded the same score,but couldnt keep pace after gas,probably should have relaxed on the first loop a little bit and tried to save some for the second half,just cant seem to go the whole event without hitting the wall,might have to start running or riding a bike or do anything during the winter to maintain stamina,maybe next year! still had a blast and wish I could ride down in the tight trees more often,its really a huge weakness of mine and I show up almost every year to try and be quicker through the tight stuff,we just dont have anything close to that type of tight trails around here,we got plenty of rocks!