Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Engine - 2 stroke (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   07 Oz Ec300...Does it have an alloy impeller ? (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3571)

wence 11-10-2008 02:28 PM

07 Oz Ec300...Does it have an alloy impeller ?

Hey Guys,
I live in Australia and have just bought an 07 Ec 300.
I have read about a few probs with the plastic impellers and was wondering if anyone has the same bike and whether they know if we already have an alloy impeller from factory??
I will check myself if I dont get replies but thought I'd try the forum out first.
Also , any cheap go fast mods???
Thanks Mark.

skid jackson 11-10-2008 07:42 PM

not going to help you but ...
I took off the water pump cover on my 06 to put on an alloy impeller and the one on there sure looked like an alloy one to me. never got around to asking about it ... anyone know if the 06's had an alloy impeller.

HydroDog 11-10-2008 09:16 PM

my 07 ec 300 impeller is on the bench right now. I pulled it out to take a look and after 60 hr on the bike the plastic impeller looks just like new.

wence 11-11-2008 01:28 AM

Cheers guys, I guess mine will be plastic too then.
Thanks for the replies

J D 11-11-2008 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skid jackson (Post 22724)
I took off the water pump cover on my 06 to put on an alloy impeller and the one on there sure looked like an alloy one to me. never got around to asking about it ... anyone know if the 06's had an alloy impeller.

I take it your bike was bought second hand?

Hamish 11-11-2008 03:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It sure does, mine was cracked big time and the shaft was spinning.
Replaced it with a gasgas original part which was alloy, guess they much have upodated the part It came with a extra washer to go behind the impeller

wence 11-11-2008 04:28 AM

Yep, second hand.
It also feels a lot less snappy than the Rmx I sold to buy it but I have been told that the 300s are not as snappy but a lot more torquey.I will still check hv coil connection when I get time to see if it is not connected right.
Also the bloke with the cracked impeller, sorry am writing now and forgot your name, you are saying that mine is plastic, yeh?
Thanks guys

wence 11-11-2008 04:31 AM

Sorry Hamish after reading it again it is obvious.

GMP 11-11-2008 06:44 AM

Seems to be a crap shoot, some were alloy some plastic. Mine was plastic. Keep in mind that the LTR alloy impeller has more vane area and a tighter clearance to the pump cover for better flow. The GG OEM alloy is the same design as the plastic one.

Eric K 11-11-2008 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skid jackson (Post 22724)

My '06 had the composite impeller. It was nearly eroded away to nothing at 91 hours.