Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What did you do to your Gas Gas today? (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16277)

jgl1962 03-25-2019 10:17 AM

Preseason maint

2 Attachment(s)
Yesterday I spent a little time derusting the pipe on my 18 300, see pics. Lime Away Scotch Brite and steel wool. It's back to acceptable looking. New front brake pads. Disassembled and greased swingarm and linkage, I am happy to report that there was still a reasonable amount of grease in them all from new at 66 hrs. Found a couple of connectors I missed on my cleaning Dielectric grease mission recently. Picking up exhaust Orings and fork oil today,hope to get the forks resealed and back on tonight. Finally riding weather soon.

Slideshow 03-25-2019 05:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
(2 weeks ago) Decided to add the 1 sided chopper bars and matching twisted radiator :D

jgl1962 03-25-2019 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slideshow (Post 189311)
(2 weeks ago) Decided to add the 1 sided chopper bars and matching twisted radiator :D

OW!!!!!!!

dANbOT 03-25-2019 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgl1962 (Post 189301)
Yesterday I spent a little time derusting the pipe on my 18 300, see pics. Lime Away Scotch Brite and steel wool. It's back to acceptable looking. New front brake pads. Disassembled and greased swingarm and linkage, I am happy to report that there was still a reasonable amount of grease in them all from new at 66 hrs. Found a couple of connectors I missed on my cleaning Dielectric grease mission recently. Picking up exhaust Orings and fork oil today,hope to get the forks resealed and back on tonight. Finally riding weather soon.

How the heck do you get a 2018 pipe to get that rusty? haha. I've never accomplished that level of "patina". Good job on the cleanup.

I checked the mail for parts today... couple more boxes and I'll start my spring rebuild. Got out for a ride in some poplar tree hills the other day, I'm still mostly snowbound.

jgl1962 03-26-2019 05:08 AM

[QUOTE=dANbOT;189316]How the heck do you get a 2018 pipe to get that rusty? haha. I've never accomplished that level of "patina". Good job on the cleanup.

I asked the dealer the same thing. I take reasonable but not anal care of the bike, he (and GG rep) pretty much said, yeah it's normal. It' a GG built pipe not FMF on the XC GP.

I will hose it down with WD40 after every wash this year and see if it helps.

andrius7 04-21-2019 01:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Will try to get it running

RBrider 04-22-2019 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slideshow (Post 189311)

I did the same modification to my bike once. Didn't care for it at all.:)

RB

CDN Rick 04-22-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dANbOT (Post 189316)
How the heck do you get a 2018 pipe to get that rusty? haha. I've never accomplished that level of "patina". Good job on the cleanup.

Live in the east! Most of my pipes look similar. Even FMF stuff..
Clay then water then clay then water then a hillclimb will quickly do that to a pipe!

shawbagga 05-07-2019 12:47 AM

New piston put in at 100 hours. Cylinder looked very good still, cross hatching visible & still had that rough feeling after a wipe out. Old rings mesaured in at 0.55mm.
Didn't actually even look at reeds or bother cleaning PV as it had nice smooth action still & not too much spooge in there plus ran out of time & wanted to ride it the following day. New Meteor piston ran 3 hours without lunching itself so all seems good. New blue AS3 silicone rad hoses fitted up nicely & ditches the thermostat.

Davehuge 05-26-2019 03:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Decided it was time to junk the knackered left hand switch gear. The bike's not road legal so I was only using the kill switch. Also, the switch block was interfering with the movement of the clutch lever.

I've replaced it with a simple Kill Switch and wired the headlight so it's permanently on high beam.

Attachment 8256

Much neater... :)

Attachment 8257