Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Suspension (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Linkage bearings!!! (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24286)

Doc Brown 12-16-2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGM_OFFROAD (Post 193120)
If you are in the states check out rocky mountain atvmc. Swing arm kits are one if like 4 bike specific parts they actually sell for a Gasser

Ta TGM, I am in Europe, but found the parts over here. ;)

Gez 10-19-2020 04:23 PM

Long shot but does anyone know whether the rocker arm bearings and the dog bone bearings are the same size? I've taken mine down for a re-grease and they're shot to shit. All the bushings look good but the cases and needles are dead. I'm guessing i can source these bearing fairly easily from a bearing shop along with the seals?

Jacob 'Berg 10-19-2020 05:52 PM

The parts fiche do not give bearing dimensions. I think the rocker and dog bone bearings are the same size

I will check the All Balls linkage bearing kit I have when I get home tonight. I will verify that they are the same size, and see if I can confirm dimensions for you.

I really hate using All Balls bearing kits as I think that they are cheap Chinese bearings, but I do not think that Pivot Works makes kits for the 2018+ models. It would be good to know if we can source a well made Japanese or German bearing for the linkage.

Gez 10-19-2020 06:19 PM

Good on you! That'd be great. Plan is to get some SKFs and seals to throw it back together

shawbagga 10-19-2020 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gez (Post 196589)
Long shot but does anyone know whether the rocker arm bearings and the dog bone bearings are the same size? I've taken mine down for a re-grease and they're shot to shit. All the bushings look good but the cases and needles are dead. I'm guessing i can source these bearing fairly easily from a bearing shop along with the seals?

Yeah they're the same size.

Jacob 'Berg 10-19-2020 07:33 PM

Rocker and dog bone bearing are all 20x26x16 mm cageless drawn cup needle bearings.

20YM2616

shawbagga 10-19-2020 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacob 'Berg (Post 196594)
Rocker and dog bone bearing are all 20x26x16 mm cageless drawn cup needle bearings.

20YM2616

Remember what swingarm were mate?

swazi_matt 10-20-2020 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawbagga (Post 196598)
Remember what swingarm were mate?

I think they are all the same except the lower shock bearing

Anyone considered making bushes out of vesconite to do away with this issue?
I fitted the synergyseals teflon coated bushes on mine and they lasted forever, but i suspect they had a bit higher friction, I also mostly rode dry weather. Vesconite should be more slippery - there are some good videos of it being used on dakar car suspension bushes

Gez 10-20-2020 05:39 PM

Got my old bearings out last night. I'm doing a run to the shop today, I'll make a parts list including seals when I'm done. Might make a good sticky?

Doc Brown 10-24-2020 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gez (Post 196620)
Got my old bearings out last night. I'm doing a run to the shop today, I'll make a parts list including seals when I'm done. Might make a good sticky?

Ta! Looking fwd seeing your list :)