Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Engine - 2 stroke (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   First post. Engine setup (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24584)

V8Astro 07-07-2019 08:34 PM

First post. Engine setup

3 Attachment(s)
I?ve been lurking here for a while. Lots of good info and I thought I might post to show what?s going on. I have a 2013 EC300e supermoto. I ride it exclusively on the street. I felt it could use a little more top end since this engine has tons of low and mid power.

I?m adding another base gasket under the jug in an effort to get my piston flush with the exhaust port floor. The bike has 17hrs on it and the piston looks fine so I?m going to reuse it. After that I?m going to check the squish and have my machinist friend make any adjustments to my S3 head. The S3 head made a big difference but I installed it before I spent hours reading this forum.

I have a Scalvini pipe and silencer in order. Should show up in a few weeks. Any other input from the pros?

I never would?ve got this far if not for this forum. Thanks everybody!

(F5) 07-08-2019 03:28 AM

Have you tried new needle or mains?

V8Astro 07-08-2019 08:06 AM

Yeah JD jet kit was one of the first things I did

V8Astro 07-08-2019 08:34 AM

One question...the jug currently has a steel shim type gasket under it. Is it ok to stack a paper gasket on top?

(F5) 07-08-2019 02:38 PM

Yes but use 3Bond or flexible master gasket with it.

I don't understand people's fascination with the bottom of the exhaust port. The top is the important part. Given that raising it independently is difficult.

You should measure the compression ratio properly (with a burette). A screw in pressure gauge is misinformation. YouTube it, then you can adjust it appropriately to account for your fuel and what sort of overrev you want.

V8Astro 07-08-2019 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (F5) (Post 190916)
Yes but use 3Bond or flexible master gasket with it.

I don't understand people's fascination with the bottom of the exhaust port. The top is the important part. Given that raising it independently is difficult.

You should measure the compression ratio properly (with a burette). A screw in pressure gauge is misinformation. YouTube it, then you can adjust it appropriately to account for your fuel and what sort of overrev you want.

You know how the bike runs. Gobs of power down low and in the mid range. I need to shift my power up higher for my needs. From what I?ve read this is the simplest path to that goal

(F5) 07-09-2019 02:36 PM

Pipe is a factor and see you have something on order, just no idea of that make.

Davehuge 07-09-2019 03:39 PM

I assume on the road you can run much longer gearing.

Have you tried different sprockets/smaller rear sprocket?

V8Astro 07-09-2019 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davehuge (Post 190936)
I assume on the road you can run much longer gearing.

Have you tried different sprockets/smaller rear sprocket?

Yes. Currently running 13/38

V8Astro 07-09-2019 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (F5) (Post 190934)
Pipe is a factor and see you have something on order, just no idea of that make.

Scalvini pipe and silencer. I hope it does what I need