Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Pictures & Videos (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   New to me Gasser EC200 (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20259)

Rick 09-24-2015 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12Bravo (Post 157608)
Some more pictures, please tell me what you see Good or Bad...I am learning this machine!

The radiator catch tank is missing.......no biggie.

carb vent line doesn't vent to the clutch master cylinder.......

Rick 09-24-2015 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12Bravo (Post 157606)
I will post the pictures and let you all see what I got and put some input in on it. One thing that has already happened, the front brake stopped working. The lever just flops back and forth and is not connected to anything. It wasn't like that when I test rode it at the guys farm I bought it from. But it is now, after using the front brake to help slow me down coming out of the bed of my truck....I took close up pictures of the issue, maybe you all can point me in the right direction to fix this, I want to ride!

I will post more in the next post, not sure how many I can attach in one post.

Thanks

there is a rubber boot missing by the piston.....keeps muck from getting into the piston area. Should have a new one in rebuild kit.

12Bravo 09-25-2015 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick (Post 157638)
there is a rubber boot missing by the piston.....keeps muck from getting into the piston area. Should have a new one in rebuild kit.

What goes under the rubber boot and actually hits the lever?

There was a little metal piece that was smashed and bent. When I went to the KTM dealer today, they found a rebuild kit from a 99 200 that would fit and was the same piston. But they didn't know what I was talking about in regards to the lever actually activating the piston. It was like I was talking Chinese to them or something. He didn't seem to happy, I didn't know a part number, nor was he happy I wanted to take KTM parts and put on a Gasgas......Only KTM dealer in this area, so guess I will deal with it or order off line.

I called Hall's also, he is going to look into it and call me back.

12Bravo 09-28-2015 10:55 AM

Ok, this might sound dumb, but I have never heard of a carb venting into a Master Cylinder......

My brand new front brake M/C should be here today. So maybe I will be able to ride this afternoon as long as it bleeds good and is not a pain in the butt to get installed.

Rick 09-28-2015 12:04 PM

Do a search on this site for bleeding brakes, youtube, Motosport Outlet and other sites have "how to" video's...watch them a few times until you get a grasp on the concept of bleeding brakes.

Good luck

12Bravo 09-30-2015 05:49 PM

Just an update, a good one at that!

Compression check 95psi.
Changed gear oil, purchased Rotella 5-40 Synthetic for next change.
Cleaned air filter, ordered a new one!
Disassembled and cleaned the carb, that is the easiest carb I have ever worked with!
Put the new reeds in that came with the bike.
New gasket, had to make it, since no one has anything got this reed assembly.
Bled the clutch, still won't idle in gear. Kind of a pain when slowing down to a stop.
New front brake M/C assembly, bled and works well.
Adjusted Handle bars for my ape arms!
Adjusted the shift lever up a bit.
Adjusted rear brake lever up a bit.
Releases air from front shocks, they had some pressure in them for sure.

The best part of the day was the test ride, oh wow.

With all that I did, it have some snap now. It is peepy for sure, yesterday it was sluggish on the take off, had to rev higher to get it to go. Now it just lugs a long just fine. The front end will come up, if I can keep traction. Wheel spins really easily, but I was in a grass field and it was a little wet from the rain about 2 hours ago.

All and all, I'm a happy GG owner now and feel comfortable with the machine mechanically speaking. Me, not so much, it's been a long time since I ripped it up on a bike!

Moto7man 09-30-2015 11:00 PM

The bike looks good, you should be able to set up that ohlins shock fairly easily.