Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Suspension (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Swingarm & Linkage Bearings (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18927)

bkwdc 02-12-2015 05:32 AM

Mine measured 5mm side clearance before removal. Be sure and press in using the flat side of the bearing. Most are rounded on one side. I just use an appropriate sized socket and vise with a piece of wood on opposite side.

spooly 02-12-2015 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkwdc (Post 148231)
Mine measured 5mm side clearance before removal. Be sure and press in using the flat side of the bearing. Most are rounded on one side. I just use an appropriate sized socket and vise with a piece of wood on opposite side.

5mm sounds like a lot? sure your o ring must be only 2 or 3 mm..I think 5 would be sufficient for standard seals like I used.. jeess I never took notice of the flat side to the baring ..I might re-press mine when im regressing. .

mrfreezer 11-09-2017 04:19 PM

Guys.. I am going to overhaul linkage and swingarm bearing... I have found out, that I need 11x HK2216 and 1x HK1216 bearings and for seals o-rings 10pcs 21x3,5 and 2pcs 15x3,5... do you guys think bushings are good and I do not need to change them?? I can have all bearings and seals for 30,-?... If I would buy prox swingarm and linkage bearing kit with bushings it would cost 130,-? and as we know bearings in those kits are some chinese sh.t...

PEB 11-09-2017 04:26 PM

If the bearing are shot the bushings are very likely shot as well. Also be prepared to replace the bottom shock bearing and bushing as well.

Jakobi 11-09-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfreezer (Post 179863)
Guys.. I am going to overhaul linkage and swingarm bearing... I have found out, that I need 11x HK2216 and 1x HK1216 bearings and for seals o-rings 10pcs 21x3,5 and 2pcs 15x3,5... do you guys think bushings are good and I do not need to change them?? I can have all bearings and seals for 30,-?... If I would buy prox swingarm and linkage bearing kit with bushings it would cost 130,-? and as we know bearings in those kits are some chinese sh.t...

It depends is the answer..

My experiences have shown the bearings tend to hold up really well if they have fresh grease periodically, in which case fresh grease again is all that's needed.

If the bearings have let go and you have binding, play etc, in most cases at least one bearing will have munched on the bushing and it becomes a replace the lot as a set experience.

I'd probably take the time to service the linkage, and depending on what you find then look at how you'll approach it.

PEB 11-09-2017 05:23 PM

I have two dogbone and linkage arm setups for sale if anyone would like to have a spare set around.

Zman 11-10-2017 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PEB (Post 179866)
I have two dogbone and linkage arm setups for sale if anyone would like to have a spare set around.

I keep one in the spare parts box for each trip. A few of the kids in our riding group like play submarine every chance they get.