Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Western United States (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   GGG Oregon! (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7196)

roostafish 04-22-2010 07:15 PM

GGG Oregon!

Alright class, I need a head count on who all is gathering on May 1st? I have one confirmation. It's Rick, and he's coming from California. I'm 99.9% Reverup is coming, but I have not asked recently. Please post your "RSVP" here, and how many, if any guests. Please, if you would give me a pre request on type of riding. Technical, or easy. I don't think I'm interested in going to the desert, but there's easy woods riding here too.

oregon pampara rider 04-22-2010 08:39 PM

mike I'll be there. technical is better for me.

firffighter 04-22-2010 08:43 PM

Love to, but Shelton Valley Enduro for me that weekend.

Have fun.

REVERUP 04-23-2010 10:16 AM

Hey Mike, Unfortunately Its looking like I will only be able to show up on Saturday now. Probably staying in a motel Friday night. Not sure yet, I will let you know ASAP.
Most my good riding friends are enduro riders so they will be at Shelton. Chances are I will probably be alone. I may bring the wife but she won't be riding, she's got her own agenda for down there if she comes along. She says your area is a hot bed for letter boxing.

I will ride anywhere technical or open, hard or easy. Just looking to go somewhere new and meet some members of this forum.

Also, I don't need to do some riders training written test or something for your state do I ? I heard something about a Oregon required test from some people that were going to china hat.

Roscoe

P.S. I really wanted to check out the Alpine trail. So if in the future after the snow melts and we can find time to get together, that would be fun.
Roscoe

roostafish 04-23-2010 02:07 PM

If you're over 41 years of age, you don't need to take the test until January 2011. I'd say don't bother anyway if you're an out of stater, you'll onlly get harassed, not written up. Besides, if we go to Shotgun, I know the BLM guys out there anyway and they won't bother us. I doubt we'll even see anyone. I will give warning though. If you do not want to ride on some pirate trails, let me know, because I'll send you with the alternate group. The best stuff is not on the map. There is inherent risk in that. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable, but I want to show the best trails.

REVERUP 04-24-2010 04:56 PM

Hey Mike Looks like 40 and under need a card by January 2011. So no issue for me this time around.

The best stuff is never on the map. User built trails don't bother me especially out of state. I can play dumb.... Errr he was leading, I had no Idea. ;)

It will be only my wife and I. She will be off doing her own thing. Looks as if I will be getting up early on Saturday at O dark 30 to get down for a full days ride. I plan to stay in a hotel Saturday night, so riding till dusk is not a problem.

What time and where are we meeting? You gave me your address I can meet there or I can meet at shotgun orv. Let me know.

I look forward to next Saturday.

Roscoe

roostafish 04-24-2010 08:25 PM

If you'd like we can meet at my house and I'll drive you and Rick out in my truck. That way your wife won't have to drive all the way back to town. So far it looks like you two are the only travellers. I'm pretty sure OregonPamperaRider and Jeffro820 are in for Sat. Should be a nice ride with no worries. If it rains all week, I plan to take Rick to Huckleberry flats on Friday. If its dry enough, we'll do the Alpine trail. In fact, we may do both on Friday if conditions are good.

I'm not really prepared to do a BBQ like you did. I'd love to, but I can't ride and cook at the same time, so it would be best to bring a lunch!

REVERUP 04-24-2010 11:15 PM

See you early Saturday morning at your house. WHAT TIME?

I really wish I could make it for Friday but sometimes life's complications get in the way. Hopefully there will be another opportunity to check out some other Oregon gems.

Roscoe

Rick 04-25-2010 02:19 PM

Hmmmm, the weather just might hold out for us...

http://www.weather.com/weather/exten...m_ite=CityPage

By the way the map looks:D Sign me up!

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/willamette/r...y/2005-map.pdf

roostafish 04-25-2010 02:32 PM

Roscoe, let's shoot for 0800. Let me know if that's not to your liking because it looks like from the lack of other responses, we'll have a very small group.

Any other lookers here. We can meet at Shotgun creek, at the Crooked Creek staging area at 0900.

Give me a call with any questions. Five Four One, 2 two Eight, zero 5 six 9.

Simple directions to Shotgun are: From I-5, take the springfield exit (194A) on to Hwy 126/I-105, then exit at 42nd street. Turn left on 42nd street and go to the stop sign at the end and turn right on Marcola Rd. Take Marcola Rd appoximately 16 miles to Shotgun Creek Rd and turn left. Continue on Shotgun Creek Rd and follow the signs to the Crooked Creek Staging area. Just stay to the right at the Y and you'll not be able to miss it. It's about 2-3 miles from Marcola Rd. Big parking area, BLM in ground toilet and kiosk will be your clue.