Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Off Road Racer's Corner (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Ohio 2012 qualifier for 6 Days Germany (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12630)

John Maier 06-12-2012 11:17 AM

Ohio 2012 qualifier for 6 Days Germany

This past weekend was the 2 day event, 107 miles each day with 3 grass special tests and 6 woods tests. I rode my 2012 300 race Gas Gas in the E3 class. It was hot and dust both days.
The bike ran like a champ as you guys know they do, I changed the air filter every chance I had, cause when I caught other riders I got dusted out. Needed to get by them fast, which wasn't easy, their top riders in their area of the country.
AMA takes the top 2 rides in the class and after the first day I was behind Mike Jolly by 21 seconds, just had to ride day 2 smart, still had to be aggressive, 3rd places was 25 seconds behind me and anything could go wrong.
Day 2 was extra dusty so I didn't push so hard into the corner and other riders trying to make time made mistakes in the early part of the day. With Moto Tally my pit crew kept me up to date on the scores.
I made the USA team and I am very excited to represent the USA in Germany on a Gas Gas.

Rick 06-12-2012 11:34 AM

Congrads on your results and good luck across the pond!

jpelaston 06-12-2012 11:50 AM

Congrats! I was wondering who was riding the 2012 that was in impound. I thought I saw connecticut plates on it??

It was very dusty. Luckily most of the special tests were not so dusty.

Good job making the team. Have fun in Germany

twowheels 06-12-2012 01:13 PM

Rock on John! That's fantastic - best of luck in Germany.

eff 06-12-2012 01:22 PM

Great job John!

wheelie 06-12-2012 01:28 PM

Great job & Congrats

John Maier 06-12-2012 02:05 PM

Thanks to all you guys for the congrats, as you know its a honor to represent our country doing the thing we love to do. Ride a dirtbike 200 miles for 6 day.
In Ohio at the impound that was my bike with the Connecticut plate, I can't say enough good stuff about the Gas Gas, suspension was great, the motor was strong to power by riders, the bike is light, good gas mileage and it handled like a charm. What else could you ask for, just a great bike.
Its nice of you all to congratulate me, I' ll keep you updated on how things go.

blitz11 06-12-2012 03:57 PM

Wow. I can't imagine being good enough to even watch a race like that, let alone ride in one.

Phenomenal!

With that name and those Connecticut plates, next you'll tell us that you play guitar and that Jessica Simpson was your umbrella girl!!

Congratulations.

John Maier 06-12-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitz11 (Post 88420)
Wow. I can't imagine being good enough to even watch a race like that, let alone ride in one.

Phenomenal!

With that name and those Connecticut plates, next you'll tell us that you play guitar and that Jessica Simpson was your umbrella girl!!

Congratulations.

How did you know!