Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Off Road Racer's Corner (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Virginia City Grand Prix 2012 (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12328)

andoman 05-02-2012 04:33 PM

Virginia City Grand Prix 2012

Finished the race last Sat. 28 APR. It was a GREAT course this year! It was a little longer than in years past at 28 miles/lap.
4 hours and 56 mins. of dust, rocks and fun over 4 laps.
I was extremely happy with the mileage I got out of the EC300. The last two laps I burned 1.6 gal to go the 56 miles. I thought for sure that I would at least hit reserve at race pace over that distance.

The official results showed 5 other racers on Gassers:
Anyone know Bill Watts, Jeremy Hurban, Nate Tucker, or Jon Allen?
I must confess that I was registered on my Orange bike. Didn't own the EC until after I registered...

Also of note: there seemed to be a lot more 2-smokes this year. And the usual sea of orange seems to have given way to many more bikes of different colors.

I'll post a link to some video in the Video Forum if I don't grow old and die waiting for the You-Tube up-load to complete...

For those out west, I highly recommend the VCGP. Awesome race! Hats off to the Virginia City Motorcycle Club. Best race they have ever put on!!!!!

husley 05-02-2012 05:33 PM

:)

A couple people staged from our home for the event. They said it was the best VCGP in a few years

sierrarider 05-02-2012 06:35 PM

I'm Jon Allen. Two years in a row with a front flat running Tu-Bliss. Last year running in the top 90 on lap 4. I've learned my lesson. I like their product and their customer service is first rate, but it (and the tires) haven't been holding up to the demands asked of it at the VCGP. It was a good race though!

andoman 05-02-2012 07:15 PM

Howdy, Jon.

I tried Tubliss and really liked it for trail riding. Airing the tires down made me feel like a billy goat. I had a flat in the outer chamber once, and didn't even know I was flat 'til I got back to the truck.
But I didn't like it for racing. Seems just a little fragile for racing in sharp rocks.
Been back to the old reliable: Bridgestone UHD tubes at about 13 PSI front and 15 PSI rear.

sierrarider 05-03-2012 05:26 PM

I'm going back to the UHD tube in the front with 18+ psi in the front, at least for VCGP. Tired of the DNF's. I'd like to try tireballs someday but they are pricey. Love the Tu-Bliss set-up for trail riding but I tear too many tire carcasses for fast paced rocky terrain.

andoman 05-03-2012 11:37 PM

If I were a serious racer (VCGP is the only one I do each year), I would look at tire balls or even the Michelin Bib. But I'm with you on the price being a little too high.