Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Dirt Rider 300 2 stroke shoot out (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15256)

bukwheat 06-20-2013 08:25 PM

Dirt Rider 300 2 stroke shoot out

I just received the new Dirt Rider. They have a shootout between the KTM xcw, Husaberg TE, Beta RR, Christini and the GG. GG finished last....they could not come to grips with the 48mm Zokes and the weight (they listed it at 274!) The AWD Christini weighs in at 272....don't know how but thats what they said.

KTM Rider, I mean Dirt Rider, is not in the least biased....:rolleyes:

estwudsracer 06-20-2013 08:44 PM

Thats funny, I had several orange bikes before I rode a GG. I never looked back. Their WP suspension is not good, and my bike will outpull one anyday.
I guarantee you the problem is that GG corporate didnt have anyone there to help with setup or p.r. They really could not care any less about their sales here in the U.S. its obvious.
Hey, your in Bama-lama, maybe we will race each other @ the cross counrty shootout in Clanton!

shultzy 06-20-2013 09:09 PM

I can't believe that that the Christini was reported to weigh less than the GasGas. I was looking at the Christini at a dealer ship and could not believe how heavy it seemed. It felt way heavier than a Husaberg 450 that was sitting beside it. I have a 2011 EC300 Race and it is definitely way lighter than a Christini. Of course it should be as there is a lot of extra drive equipment on the Christini.
I really don't care about magazine rankings but Dirt Rider is starting to lose credibility for me when they come up with goofy numbers like they did.

AZRickD 06-20-2013 09:15 PM

I just measured (bathroom scale) my barely-used 2011 Race with no armor, no fuel, HD tubes and full of lube ---> 240.

bukwheat 06-21-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estwudsracer (Post 114404)
Hey, your in Bama-lama, maybe we will race each other @ the cross counrty shootout in Clanton!

You might see me there but I'm in the "Grandpa" class. I love racing down in Perry Mtn. I was this past year at the shoot out and started, got about 4 miles and the newly installed Recluse started slipping real bad and lost drive.
Where are you in GA?

Coop 06-21-2013 07:24 AM

They were talking about this shoot-out on my local dual sport forum. Lots of KTM fans there and they were like sharks with blood in the water. There are 5 of us there with GG's but none newer than 2011.

grunkster 06-21-2013 07:39 AM

so is that tank full weight accurate or not??

GMP 06-21-2013 08:09 AM

Total BS. I think they had a foot on the scale when they weighed it. Look, the GG is heavy for a two stroke, no way around that one, but not that heavy. The reality is that ALL year GG 250/300s are in the mid 250s FULLY armored ready to go with a gallon of gas. That makes Rick's number right in the ballpark. I think the '12/'13 feels a little heavier than the older bikes when picking them up simply because they are taller, but my '12 dropped a lb. or so with the new subframe.

roverhybrids 06-21-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmp (Post 114446)
..... But my '12 dropped a lb. Or so with the new subframe.

lol!!!!!!!

Moto7man 06-21-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMP (Post 114446)
Total BS. I think they had a foot on the scale when they weighed it. Look, the GG is heavy for a two stroke, no way around that one, but not that heavy. The reality is that ALL year GG 250/300s are in the mid 250s FULLY armored ready to go with a gallon of gas. That makes Rick's number right in the ballpark. I think the '12/'13 feels a little heavier than the older bikes when picking them up simply because they are taller, but my '12 dropped a lb. or so with the new subframe.

I agree with GMP.:mad: