Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Castor 927 (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2526)

gasIdaho 04-11-2008 12:50 PM

Castor 927

Anyone out there using Maxima Castor 927? I had no other pre-mix choices at my local shop recently when headed out for a riding weekend. Seems to work great but wondered what the opinions of this stuff are?

thx/Mike

fury1 04-11-2008 03:08 PM

Ive used it before with no issues on all of my bikes,smells nice as well

widebear 04-11-2008 04:38 PM

The only oil to use with ethynol blend fuels

gasgasman 04-11-2008 05:53 PM

Ahhhh.................the smell of bean oil,:D first thing in the morning.:D :D :D

I just mixed up a batch couple weeks ago.

Brian VT 04-11-2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by widebear (Post 15712)
The only oil to use with ethynol blend fuels

Could you elaborate ? I've always run Amsoil because it's readily available and I was under the impression that synth. was "better". I love the smell of bean oil and I am slow enough that I can enjoy my own exhaust fumes (like a fart in the car. lol).

gasIdaho 04-11-2008 10:09 PM

I've always run Maxima Super M and been in the back of the racer pack. Now I run the Bean oil and everyone wants me out front. Hhhmmmm....me thinks it's smell???

cdn280 04-12-2008 07:14 AM

Bean oil (as in Castrol R) was once the premium racing oil before synthetics came along, but as you said you are going for a riding weekend I'm assuming you are not racing. For trail riding, unless they've added some miracle ingredients, it may gum up the PV quickly and leave messy hard to clean carbon deposits, and plug up exhaust packing.
It used to really be meant for racing engines that are run hard, torn down regularly, and mixed fairly rich too.

widebear 04-12-2008 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian VT (Post 15721)
Could you elaborate ? I've always run Amsoil because it's readily available and I was under the impression that synth. was "better". I love the smell of bean oil and I am slow enough that I can enjoy my own exhaust fumes (like a fart in the car. lol).

Bean oil is organic as is alchohol. because 927 is a blend of mineral oil, synthethic compounds and organic compounds, the castor component of the oil is more soluble in ethynol part of the fuel, less chance of seperation. Besides it smells exotic. I use amsoil myself at 100-1 but I prefer not to use ethynol blend fuels not for any practical purposes but because i think that they are a political and marketing scam.

Brian VT 04-12-2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by widebear (Post 15744)
I prefer not to use ethynol blend fuels not for any practical purposes but because i think that they are a political and marketing scam.

I hear that. The gas companies have to make 25 different recipes to meet all the different state's requirements. What a crock. Also, I think it uses just as much energy to create ethanol as can be derived from it.

Patswild300 04-14-2008 10:13 PM

Have used 927 for the last 11yrs. Love everything about it...