Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Ride Reports (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   First ride (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16369)

adv rider 12-17-2013 12:18 AM

First ride

1 Attachment(s)
I finally got out for my first ride today, and it was Great! The bike ran good, suspension felt good. I am super happy, the 300 is awesome in the woods. I was able to use 2nd/3rd gear most of the time,and never stalled when the going got rough.

So I want to Thank everyone that responded to my ?'s, and made it possible to have a 1st ride go so well. Jetting felt close, and i am sure i could leave it, as is. Shock preload at 9mm felt better than my previous bikes. It would have taken a long time to figure this stuff out,without the forum.

Sorry no video or riding pics, just this one after i loaded up.

Oh, and 1 of the most important things- Thanks to Steve @ AfterHours for selling me a great bike to start with.

twowheels 12-17-2013 12:52 AM

Ya! Now that's what we're talking about ... glad you enjoyed your first ride (I knew you would).

Now go wash up, get some sleep, and go do it again ;)

Jakobi 12-17-2013 01:37 AM

What were all the questions and answers. Post the summary! (just incase I missed anything on mine.. which its 1st ride report is pending).

Coop 12-17-2013 08:13 AM

Cool bike hauler. Glad you had a good ride!

Bandit9 12-17-2013 08:17 AM

Yeah, nice hauling set up. Love the van!

adv rider 12-17-2013 10:25 AM

first ride

Well the most important changes were:
Jetting- NEDJ #2, 42, 172 , 8.5MM float height. The nedj was already in there,just had to adjust for location. And float height was around 11-12mm, and I knew my previous bike ran well @ 8.5

I removed subframe, and sealed up airbox joints to help keep out all the PNW moisture.

I set shock spring preload @ 9mm, based on what I read on here. All clickers currently @ 20. It felt damn good,way better than the 8 years on my kx-f,and my short lived 11' race model. I suppose being so far out w/ clickers mean something,but for now i'll live with it. The bike sat fairly level, and pushing down was level too. I have not measure free/or race sag yet.

Steering damper installed too, since I didn't try bike without. I don't know what difference it made.

Those were the changes I made, and I have a few adjustments to make before next ride-shifter, cable routing, etc.

Thanks for the comments- I love the van too, even though it is a money pit.

Moto7man 12-17-2013 10:29 AM

I love the van too! Yea, the VWs can suck up the cash. The bike looks great!

Jakobi 12-17-2013 03:33 PM

;) Thanks Adv

Which brand of stabilizer did you go with?

iamovru 12-17-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adv rider (Post 124468)
Well the most important changes were:
Jetting- NEDJ #2, 42, 172 , 8.5MM float height. The nedj was already in there,just had to adjust for location. And float height was around 11-12mm, and I knew my previous bike ran well @ 8.5

I removed subframe, and sealed up airbox joints to help keep out all the PNW moisture.

I set shock spring preload @ 9mm, based on what I read on here. All clickers currently @ 20. It felt damn good,way better than the 8 years on my kx-f,and my short lived 11' race model. I suppose being so far out w/ clickers mean something,but for now i'll live with it. The bike sat fairly level, and pushing down was level too. I have not measure free/or race sag yet.

Steering damper installed too, since I didn't try bike without. I don't know what difference it made.

Those were the changes I made, and I have a few adjustments to make before next ride-shifter, cable routing, etc.

Thanks for the comments- I love the van too, even though it is a money pit.

ADV RIDER

I am in Seattle and have had several KTM`s but I am seriously thinking of GasGas. I was happy to see your write up. I am sure we have ridden with the same people.

Marc

robszombie 12-17-2013 09:36 PM

ADV Rider, I like the VW. What make of bike carrier is that?