Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2011 GasGas Sixdays (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7828)

Skidad 08-31-2010 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REVERUP (Post 48049)
I have the Mecasystem on my current 2008 thanks to Nick former owner of Cycle pro 775 in Elko Nevada. :) Best skid Ive owned for any of my Gas Gas bikes.
From what I can see in the pics the only real similarity is they put some small holes in it. It does not cover as far up in front and is not shinned to a mirror sheen. But who knows maybe this is a new mecca model.
I'd really like to find another mecasystem for my 2011. If I cant I will get a Scorpion. My wifes WR has one, the radiator frames also, and it is very Stout and well made. Never seen the logo on the skid in the six days bike, thats why I was intrigued. Hell I may pull the mecca off the 08 and put it on the 11, we'll see.

Roscoe

Have you talked to Go Fasters? They brought in a bunch of Meca stuff including skidplates and radiator guards.

Viet Nambotin 08-31-2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuskyDude (Post 48017)
I'm glad the went with a red frame this year. I wasn't a big fan on the gold.
I realize we're only talk'n cosmatic...but who says your bike can't look good too.:D
Any word on what the suspension will be this year?

Yes Dave I am curious too...I'd be happy with a set of Zokes and a Sachs shock...

Sach's Forks....I have never tried them :confused: but the rear damper is awesome

ScottyR 08-31-2010 06:36 PM

That Six Days bike is SWEET! I love it.

Clay 08-31-2010 06:51 PM

I got specs today then the export manager called me and said he would have more info later this week. When he sends me those I will post. I will give you a quick rundown on the suspension:
All of the standard, estart and Six Days models, no matter what engine size, have a Marzocchi 45 mm fork and Ohlins 888 shock.
The Race models have a 48mm Marzocchi and Ohlins 888 shock.
The Nambo has TTX both ends.
These are for the US only. It appears that some of the models going to other countries will have some Sachs stuff.
I may be posting these too quickly. Albert may send something totally different latet this week. What the heck......I'll stick my neck out!

jeffs2200 08-31-2010 07:08 PM

I hope the info on the 45mm zokes for the estart models is wrong. I suppose the 48 mm zokes would be ok. From the reports I have seen about the sachs forks I was hoping that is what would be on them. It is a shame they went away from the red anodized forks on the 2010, they look really good. I saw in cycle world that there were some new zokes coming out (53mm I think) I wonder how much they would cost.

What is the difference in specs and price for the race model? Will you be able to order the estart seperate and add it to the race model?

I am assuming the ttx cartridges would not even fit the 45mm zokes.

WTEC 08-31-2010 07:29 PM

That's a good question, will the Nambo run the Sach's forks with TTX cartridge's or one of the Marzocchi forks with the TTX?

Wes.

nambo-trev 08-31-2010 07:38 PM

the nambo is marzocchi for 2010 nambos with ttx internals, thats what my dealer told me, i doubt they'd change this year.

Skidad 08-31-2010 08:51 PM

Not really what I would like to see if true. Std. bikes should at least have 48mm forks now and Race/Nambotin bikes should get 50mm something or other. Hell, all the 2011 Beta bikes are all getiing 50mm Marzocchi's. I would love to see those on the GG bikes with TTX options.

GMP 09-01-2010 04:39 AM

Is the model 888 Ohlins shock the cheaper alloy body unit that first appeared on some '07s, the steel body shock we are familiar with, or something new?

Zokes would be fine with me, easy valving and service with no learning curve.

ScottyR 09-01-2010 04:53 AM

I am OK with the 45mm Zokes. I can tell you from experience that the 50s eat seals and have some serious stiction issues. The 45s can be made to work well without much fuss.