Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2011 GasGas Sixdays (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7828)

ScottyR 09-01-2010 04:55 AM

The Nambos use Sachs forks with TTX internals.

ScottyR 09-01-2010 07:09 AM

The Ohlins 888 appears to be a higher quality shock from the Ohlins USA website.

Viet Nambotin 09-01-2010 11:31 AM

Yes the 50's are very sensitive in the seal area when it comes to dirt...

The 45 Zokes are a known quantity...if missing out a bit on the "street cred of the 50mm ones"

Hey Scot just so we know...The EC's will actually be XC's ???

will these have speedo and lights(headlamp and tail) ??

or I guess Clay will answer this in a few days? :confused:

twowheels 09-01-2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viet Nambotin (Post 48096)
...The EC's will actually be XC's ???

EC's will be XC's ...due to emission regulations the bikes will come in as "competition" or "off-road only" bikes.

To qualify, the government lays out some somewhat sketchy rules related to lights, seats, warranty and so on. The XC's sneak a headlight in as an integral part of the bodywork, but the high beam is disabled.

I have a kit that adds back the high beam function, adds an LED brakelight/taillight, horn and switchgear ... enough to get legal in states like Michigan.

Viet Nambotin 09-01-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twowheels (Post 48097)
EC's will be XC's ...due to emission regulations the bikes will come in as "competition" or "off-road only" bikes.

To qualify, the government lays out some somewhat sketchy rules related to lights, seats, warranty and so on. The XC's sneak a headlight in as an integral part of the bodywork, but the high beam is disabled.

I have a kit that adds back the high beam function, adds an LED brakelight/taillight, horn and switchgear ... enough to get legal in states like Michigan.

Thank you

I guess a guy can add a LED tailamp /mudguard and a trailtech meter during set up...I dont need to be street legal....but off road legal is a given...and to keep track of miles traveled is also nessesary :)

I see on the six days that the bars are renthal.....and those are not on the EC

Clay 09-01-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viet Nambotin (Post 48096)
Yes the 50's are very sensitive in the seal area when it comes to dirt...

The 45 Zokes are a known quantity...if missing out a bit on the "street cred of the 50mm ones"

Hey Scot just so we know...The EC's will actually be XC's ???

or I guess Clay will answer this in a few days? :confused:

Viet Nambo,
All of the 2011 Gas Gas offroad bikes will come with a headlight. I am still uncertain on the speedo. The spec sheet I got did not have that info. I was told there was more infor coming. Maybe it will have that info. If not, I will ask. The first two containers are scheduled to be in Savannah next week on the 7th. The arrival date was supposed to be the 5th but we were told the ship is doding that freakin hurricane! Go figure.
Sorry for no clear answer. I'll figure it out....eventually!
Clay

Viet Nambotin 09-01-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clay (Post 48102)
Viet Nambo,
All of the 2011 Gas Gas offroad bikes will come with a headlight. I am still uncertain on the speedo. The spec sheet I got did not have that info. I was told there was more infor coming. Maybe it will have that info. If not, I will ask. The first two containers are scheduled to be in Savannah next week on the 7th. The arrival date was supposed to be the 5th but we were told the ship is doding that freakin hurricane! Go figure.
Sorry for no clear answer. I'll figure it out....eventually!
Clay

Thanks Clay for following that up :)

REVERUP 09-02-2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skidad (Post 48059)
Have you talked to Go Fasters? They brought in a bunch of Meca stuff including skidplates and radiator guards.

Cool,
and thanks for the heads up. I will check into that! :)

Roscoe

nambo-trev 09-02-2010 06:06 PM

thanks for telling me that scottyR i was told by my dealer that they were marzocchi forks and ohlins internals, ill have to shoot him an email to get his facts straight!!:D