Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Suspension (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   48mm Zoke question (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17256)

rbm33 04-22-2014 08:48 AM

48mm Zoke question

Im having a little issue with the forks on my 2011 300. they work pretty good in the sand and the fast stuff with just a couple of clicks out on the comp it works awesome in the rocks, roots and tight stuff. The only problem is that with the softer setting it is really unstable at speed. And with the harder setting it seems like I feel every little rock and root on the trail.

What do you think I should try? I was considering trying the firmer setting and backing off the preload just a half turn or so hopeing to get a setting that works in a little broader range of terrain.

Jakobi 04-22-2014 03:32 PM

What are you current settings? When were they last serviced?

wence 04-22-2014 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbm33 (Post 132940)
Im having a little issue with the forks on my 2011 300. they work pretty good in the sand and the fast stuff with just a couple of clicks out on the comp it works awesome in the rocks, roots and tight stuff. The only problem is that with the softer setting it is really unstable at speed. And with the harder setting it seems like I feel every little rock and root on the trail.

What do you think I should try? I was considering trying the firmer setting and backing off the preload just a half turn or so hopeing to get a setting that works in a little broader range of terrain.

Just a thought but try backing off the PFP a little ...

rbm33 04-22-2014 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakobi (Post 132971)
What are you current settings? When were they last serviced?

I just had them revalved at solid performance. im not sure of the exact settings right now I will have to check but they are just a click or two from being in the middle.

rbm33 04-22-2014 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wence (Post 132973)
Just a thought but try backing off the PFP a little ...

I was kinda thinking that to I will give that a try this weekend.

hamilton 04-22-2014 07:44 PM

Try this, first make sure your rear sag is correct. I like mine at 100mm. Set comp at 15 clicks out (top) rebound 15 clicks out (bottom) set pfp preload all the way out. Find a good test loop same terrain over and over. go four clicks out rebound better or worse? If better go two more and so on. if not go the other direction. Do the same for comp. I found the magic in the rebound setting. When they both work well find some faster whoops and add preload to the pfp 1/4 turn at a time, check o-ring on fork tube you should be using all the travel. Add preload until your using all but the last inch of travel. Only one change at a time. Hope this helps, good luck.

Jakobi 04-22-2014 08:00 PM

Good info Hamilton. I agree the rebound makes a massive difference in how it handles in the roots. I forgot to set my rebound clickers the other day and they were wide open. Rebounding so fast that they would push back when impacting things. Wound it back to 13 clicks and like magic they began working like they should.

hamilton 04-22-2014 08:31 PM

Yeah, I really like these zokes after getting them set up and knowing what to adjust for certian conditions. I think my settings would work well for trail riders to a class enduro racers.

3beejay3 05-19-2014 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamilton (Post 132995)
Yeah, I really like these zokes after getting them set up and knowing what to adjust for certian conditions. I think my settings would work well for trail riders to a class enduro racers.

Care to elaborate? I really like these forks, but am far from an expert in suspension setup and tuning.
Mine are still stock on my 2012 XC250es. I weigh about 200 fully geared. I'm not sure what my spring rate should be. I'm having trouble in the deep whoops and heavy hits. Love the forks everywhere else; roots, chop, ruts, corners & love the front stability.

I'm also wondering if there is a storehouse/database of info on how to set these up and tune them for varying conditions?