Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What did you do to your Gas Gas today? (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16277)

motorhead 10-30-2021 08:54 PM

Applied some purty darn sweet graphics on my Son's 02' 250 XC (W/05' plastic) this morning. Next time I'll lay off the coffee so heavy in the A.M.-
was a bit jittery trimming that last shroud decal...
Can I post pics from iPhone?

Anders 11-01-2021 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhead (Post 199086)
Can I post pics from iPhone?

Don't know about iPhones, but on my Andriod I can post pictures. I am using the tapatalk app to acces this (and other) forums.

motorhead 11-04-2021 02:35 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 9213

Attachment 9214

Attachment 9215

Guess you can teach an old dog new tricks... THANKS ANDERS��

Anders 11-05-2021 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhead (Post 199110)

Guess you can teach an old dog new tricks... THANKS ANDERS��

That looks really nice! Be sure to post some images of the finished bike as well

Acutta 11-12-2021 01:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got sick of taking the swingarm off to grease it. Drastic action was required

Jim Cook 11-12-2021 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acutta (Post 199173)
I got sick of taking the swingarm off to grease it. Drastic action was required

Well Done!

Acutta 11-13-2021 01:16 AM

Thanks Jim. the linkage wasn't too bad but swingarm took a while as I had to push the bearings out and position them as far to the outside of the arms as possible and on the chain side, cut a groove to allow the grease to get between the bearings.
still, saving time and money in the long term I'm sure.

MuddyArgyle 12-01-2021 06:27 PM

Not Today, but a few days ago.

I live sort of on the edge of a rural area and the suburbs. I rode my (non plated) ec300 down the road for a few miles, mostly on the shoulder so as to not cause too much trouble.

At one point I came upon an area where the ground had been built up to allow the roadway to be flat and level. As a result, there wasn't really a shoulder, and a pretty steep drop off into a swampy area. As I was riding along the shoulder and noticing there was about to not be a shoulder to ride on, I looked over my shoulder to see if any cars were coming so I could hop on the road for a short blast to get past the swampy area.

Wouldn't you know it, doing so caused me to get off balance and veer off the steep slope into the swamp!

No harm done to me or the bike, but it was an interesting struggle trying to get up a gravely 60 degree slope with no run up. I ended up scooting along the bottom, dodging the deep spots and trees until I came to an easier place to ascend.

I continued exploring around, checking out power lines and avoiding No Trespassing signs. As I was on my way home, I saw a policeman sitting there as a speed trap I suppose. Luckily I wasn't gooning too much and just sort of tooted along and gave him a nod. He didn't come after me, so thats good.

Besides the short gearing, the bike did fine on the road and makes me wish I had a plate just for exploring around like that.

Figured I'd share my anecdote since the thread is 'What did you to do your Gas Gas today?'

Jim Cook 12-05-2021 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuddyArgyle (Post 199276)
I live sort of on the edge of a rural area and the suburbs. I rode my (non plated) ec300 down the road for a few miles, mostly on the shoulder so as to not cause too much trouble.
(I snipped the meat of a very interesting story. Jim)
Besides the short gearing, the bike did fine on the road and makes me wish I had a plate just for exploring around like that.

Figured I'd share my anecdote since the thread is 'What did you to do your Gas Gas today?'

Thank you for sharing your ride with us. I enjoyed it.

Good Riding to You!
Jim

motorhead 12-08-2021 03:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I?ve tried over the years to buy one of these to no avail. Had a chat with Jeff Fredette at a Muddobbers national reset, he told me he won?t run a bike without, less pad wear, runs cooler and more feel. Finally snagged the OEM part as I figured the stock slotted one last so long why not stick with that quality.