Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Suspension (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   KYB SSS Valving Input Please (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22560)

Zrt1200 05-01-2017 05:56 AM

Zman, Any Update on how they are working for you??

Zman 05-01-2017 01:30 PM

I wish I had some time to try them out and we were supposed to go this last weekend but weather turned really lousy. If all goes well I will be able to go soon. I need to drive min 1:20 min to get to a mediocre place to ride.

Zrt1200 05-01-2017 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zman (Post 176503)
I wish I had some time to try them out and we were supposed to go this last weekend but weather turned really lousy. If all goes well I will be able to go soon. I need to drive min 1:20 min to get to a mediocre place to ride.

Ya I know the weather turned lousy. We froze Friday riding. It was snowing 15 miles west of us and we did not have our winter gear. But the boy wanted to try out his new to him 10 ec250.

I here you about having to drive. We have a Min 1 hour drive. Updates us when you can.

Jakobi 05-31-2017 07:52 PM

How about now?? Don't tell me you've been as bad as me and haven't thrown a leg over in a month!! No wonder I've had a short fuse the last couple days..

Zman 06-01-2017 01:12 AM

:(
Short answer is no. Since I finished the forks, weather went really bad In Chicago, Followed by a crazy work schedule with a week in Japan and I am now wrapping up another work week in Germany. I plan to run a family enduro in Marquette Michigan on July11th. Too much going on to have fun right now but I have it on the calendar!:D

Jakobi 06-01-2017 01:32 AM

You've travelled more in the last weeks than I have in my life! :D

Zman 06-01-2017 06:04 AM

I can be a blessing and also a curse.

twowheels 06-01-2017 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zman (Post 177201)
:(
Short answer is no. Since I finished the forks, weather went really bad In Chicago, Followed by a crazy work schedule with a week in Japan and I am now wrapping up another work week in Germany. I plan to run a family enduro in Marquette Michigan on July11th. Too much going on to have fun right now but I have it on the calendar!:D

You may miss the FES if you plan on going in July ... reliable sources say it is June 11th.:cool:

Zman 06-01-2017 11:41 AM

My mistake, it is June 11th not July 11th.

Zman 06-14-2017 07:46 AM

Jakobi - The forks work way Way WAY better now! They are much softer and do not transmit slower trail trash like before. The forks soak up big sand whoops with no problem! Faster speed rocks and roots still transmit through the bars more than I like and really big hits seem a bit too firm. I have the compression clickers all the way out and I wish I had a few more clicks to try.

The clickers did not seem to make much difference, but that may be because I was at the end of adjustment. I think they are very close but I still need to soften the a touch more. Based upon your previous recommendation it sounds like I should swap out the 14mm clamp for a 13mm clamp or I can run the 12mm (I already have) under the 14mm clamp?

For the big hits I suppose I can drop another 10 to 20cc of oil out of the forks or should I try that after changing the valving?

Thanks again, this was a huge improvement and it is very close!