Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Other Stuff... (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Boots (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19830)

Thomas R 06-19-2015 10:55 AM

Boots

Hi there, my old boots are crap, my mariolas(joint just above the foot) gets realy sore and red. I'm thinking of the Fox comp 5 as a replasement, any thourghts, or other sugestions.
The old boots were bourght very cheap and used, as i did not know if i would catch mud bug or not ;)

mcnut 06-19-2015 11:38 AM

Gaerne, Sidi, or go home.

desertgasser300 06-19-2015 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnut (Post 154198)

What she said..........Uh he said!

memphis2857 06-19-2015 11:54 AM

Boots

I wear Gearne and oneal RDX. I bought the RDX's on a whim because I got them cheap. I must say I like the oneal boots better than my Gearne

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thomas R 06-19-2015 12:47 PM

Thanks guy's :)

gasgasxc 06-19-2015 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnut (Post 154198)

Me too.Leaning towards the Gaerne side of things.

pscook 06-19-2015 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasgasxc (Post 154204)
Me too.Leaning towards the Gaerne side of things.

Gaerne are perfect for "square" feet. A* are more narrow profile, as I have experienced.

Thomas R 06-19-2015 03:30 PM

How many sizes du you have to go up, from you regular size to fit ex, the Oneal RDX or Gaerne. The comp 5 witch i was recomended was a +2 to fit

firffighter 06-19-2015 03:44 PM

I would agree on the Gaerne boots, but I found these which are still hand stitched in Europe, have the hinged ankle, nice padding throughout, excellent comfort and tons of protection and are nearly $100 cheaper than the comparable S-10

http://www.atomic-moto.com/Forma-Ter...ots_p_793.html

Make sure to check out the Atomic review.

gasgasxc 06-19-2015 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pscook (Post 154206)
Gaerne are perfect for "square" feet. A* are more narrow profile, as I have experienced.

Id agree with that.
I pretty much stick with the older style boots.You can find them.
The boots I ride in are a 20 year old pair of Gaerne Six Days.
They have the vibram waffle sole, and are lightweight, excellent leather, good stitching and minimal armor.
If you do alot of technical woods riding, trail building and find your the guy that ends up riding other peoples bikes up hills for them, then storm trooper boots arent gonna work.
Which is mostly whats out there these days.
They barely fit under the shifter, they are heavy, no feel.
Any additional foot protection, and its minimal, is lost anyway.
Just sends the blow farther up the line.Into the knee or the hip.

gasgasman 06-19-2015 08:44 PM

Got my SG12 Gaernes from this place.
http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/o...ots/f/brand-31

pscook 06-20-2015 08:19 AM

Also, A* boots have a molded sole which is difficult to replace or repair whereas the Gaerne has a replaceable sole. Most places that repair boots use the Gaerne sole, if that says anything about parts availability.

Rick 06-20-2015 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pscook (Post 154233)
Also, A* boots have a molded sole which is difficult to replace or repair whereas the Gaerne has a replaceable sole. Most places that repair boots use the Gaerne sole, if that says anything about parts availability.

Quality boots such as Gaerne is an investment, built for the long haul. Yes, you take a bit of a hit with cost, but in the long run they are worth every penny. My SG10'S by far the best boot I've ever owned. Soles were replaced after several years of riding just a months back. WPS carries the soles, MX Boot repair made them fresh again all for $79.00! With new toes plates!

memphis2857 06-20-2015 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas R (Post 154208)
How many sizes du you have to go up, from you regular size to fit ex, the Oneal RDX or Gaerne. The comp 5 witch i was recomended was a +2 to fit

I wear a 11.5 or 12 in tennis shoes and both of my boots are size 12. When I say I like the Oneal RDX better than Gearne it is based on comfort and cost. Got my RDX for $249 and paid around $400 for Gearne. The RDX's are more comfortable and nowhere near as noisy as the Gearne. They squeak and sqwak every time you move. Drives me nuts!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CombatYoga 06-20-2015 09:51 PM

Forma boots

I have Sidi SRS and Formas, and I like the Formas.
They're not worlds better, but the internal footbed is extremely comfortable.
I have also received excellent service from Forma.

roostafish 06-21-2015 11:21 AM

I have had many boots. The Gearne is a great boot. What I'm wearing now is the Fox Instinct. It's the best boot I've ever owned. It has a lifetime warranty sole, which is great if you go through soles as fast as I do. I also have some fox comp 5's as you mentioned. For an inexpensive boot, they are very comfortable, I wouldn't hesitate to get those.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thomas R 06-21-2015 01:06 PM

the alpine-stars look ok as well http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/...duro-Boot-0001

So many to choose from, nowhere to try the on :mad:

Zman 06-21-2015 06:21 PM

I have Alpinestar feet and an Arai head. I have tried other brands and regardless of price these brands fit me best. There are all kinds of opinions but you need to find out what fits your feet the best.

Jakobi 06-21-2015 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zman (Post 154311)
I have Alpinestar feet and an Arai head. I have tried other brands and regardless of price these brands fit me best. There are all kinds of opinions but you need to find out what fits your feet the best.

This is sound advice.

Feet come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, as do boots. Even from the same manufacturer, different models can have different fit characteristics. For example, the SIDI SRS are much narrower in the toe box than their plain jane soles.

cladoo 06-21-2015 07:02 PM

I had Gaerne Fastbacks and SG10's and they both tore skin off the front of my ankle! I still have scars! I then bought TCX 2.1 Pro's and they have been great! After 3 years they are holding up very well, except they need new soles as my brake pedal is chewing them up on the right boot. I ordered new soles, about $30, still waiting for them. I bought a new pair to have as backups I liked them so much!

Rick 06-21-2015 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cladoo (Post 154317)
I had Gaerne Fastbacks and SG10's and they both tore skin off the front of my ankle! I still have scars! I then bought TCX 2.1 Pro's and they have been great! After 3 years they are holding up very well, except they need new soles as my brake pedal is chewing them up on the right boot. I ordered new soles, about $30, still waiting for them. I bought a new pair to have as backups I liked them so much!

I have a pair of TCX about 7 years old....forget what model thet are......have been a great pair of boots....time for a re-sole as well, brake pedal has left it's mark=damage! The toe box is narrower than my SG10, still have endured massive punshment!

Thomas R 06-24-2015 02:33 PM

Ended up with the gaerne sg10, got them for a steal and they are realy nice to wear.

Thanks guy's :-)

Rick 06-24-2015 03:59 PM

Good choice! Enjoy