Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   No oil pressure when doing wheelies (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7728)

Emil123 08-11-2010 04:57 AM

No oil pressure when doing wheelies

I´ve got a 450 SM -06 and I have discovered a terrible problem. It doesn´t take many seconds on the rear wheel before the oil light comes on.

How do you do? Just keep the the front wheel down or has anyone of you a good solution?

I´ve thought about the oil level, should I dare to fill up a little more oil if it matters or will it just damage the engine?

Don´t wanna do any bigger surgery right now, but I might have to? Because you can´t have a motard that don´t wanna wheelie!

hannesd 08-17-2010 01:28 AM

i would think there would've been some usefull reply to your problem,but nothing sofar :confused:
it's true, you can't not wheelie with a motard...it's one of the most fun things to do :p

anyway,hope you get a solution soon to this problem.
maybe fill the oil to a litlle higher level.

ciao, hannes.

iancp5 08-17-2010 02:06 PM

I have the 06 enduro. Doesn't like extreme hills and flashes the oil light, especially if a little low. I overfill a little to minimise the problem. I assume the 05 is fine with the dry sump. It may be that other bikes do this as a many enduros don't have oil lights.

fastisbetter 04-26-2011 01:12 PM

i have an 07 and it does the same thing. i fill it to the top of the top sight window which is about 850mls. the manual says it takes 1200mls when changing filter ,but i always thought a sight window was supposed to be in the middle . anybody try to put 1200mls in? if so, whats the result?

einsteingarage 04-26-2011 08:39 PM

I don't know about the SM but if you search around for info on the Moto Guzzi V11 oil sump, it had the same problem under hard acceleration. They solution was to put a baffle in the middle of the sump so that the oil wouldn't slide all the way to the back and will keep the oil pressure up.

ggg 04-27-2011 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastisbetter (Post 62327)
i have an 07 and it does the same thing. i fill it to the top of the top sight window which is about 850mls. the manual says it takes 1200mls when changing filter ,but i always thought a sight window was supposed to be in the middle . anybody try to put 1200mls in? if so, whats the result?

no issues alway put in 1200ml after a filter change, i put in 1050 mls without filter change.

stainlesscycle 04-27-2011 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by einsteingarage (Post 62355)
I don't know about the SM but if you search around for info on the Moto Guzzi V11 oil sump, it had the same problem under hard acceleration. They solution was to put a baffle in the middle of the sump so that the oil wouldn't slide all the way to the back and will keep the oil pressure up.

yeah, a windage tray of some kind would probably fix the problem for short wheelies/uphills - but for very long wheelies, additional/relocation of oil pickup may be needed..i'm not familiar with the sump on the 4 strokes to see how do-able this would be.

Nick 04-27-2011 07:52 AM

Fastisbetter, your 07 should have 2 sight glass windows, of which the level is supposed to be between the two.

fastisbetter 04-30-2011 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggg (Post 62380)
no issues alway put in 1200ml after a filter change, i put in 1050 mls without filter change.

well thats good to know, what are the sight glasses for?

fastisbetter 04-30-2011 08:48 AM

sorry, just read your post Nick. 900mls puts it over the top window:confused: