Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   GasGas Member Polls (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Average age of GG riders!! (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9439)

frankinberg 12-29-2018 04:34 PM

57 years old now started riding gasgas in 1994 on trials bike got first enduro bike in 1998 ec250 with balancer super smooth

Jakobi 12-29-2018 04:44 PM

My average age keeps increasing!!

Jim Cook 01-02-2019 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakobi (Post 187730)
My average age keeps increasing!!

Mine does too.
It changed to 66 last month.

Slideshow 01-03-2019 04:02 AM

Body: 46
Mind: Variable
Soul: Squirrel.

Motorman_55792 01-08-2019 03:37 PM

I'm 44 going on 20.

clw 01-19-2019 04:33 PM

@ 64, a mere pup:D

hookedongasgas 07-11-2019 05:12 AM

I'M 46 grew up on a dirt poor farm in East Tennessee.
My first bike was a mini bike that me and my older brother built together.
We found a old frame in the weeds down the road that had one handlebar ,no breaks and dry rotted tires that would go flat every couple hours .
We took a 5hp motor off a old burnt up water pump that a neighbor had in his barn,(had to clear a lot of fence for that) and traded a power booster EQ for a centrifugal clutch. LOL that thing had a piece of foam duct taped to it for a seat and and a string for a gas throttle , you would pull the string and hold on to the frame with one hand the handle bar with the other ,then to stop you just drag your feet ....simple times but the fun we had on that thing , anyway times have changed and i've had alot of bikes over the years, now im building a 2011 gasgas with a 03 motor that im putting a counter balance in,should be a nice ride when i'm done.

Jim Cook 07-12-2019 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hookedongasgas (Post 190957)
I'M 46 grew up on a dirt poor farm in East Tennessee.
My first bike was a mini bike that me and my older brother built together.
We found a old frame in the weeds down the road that had one handlebar ,no breaks and dry rotted tires that would go flat every couple hours .
We took a 5hp motor off a old burnt up water pump that a neighbor had in his barn,(had to clear a lot of fence for that) and traded a power booster EQ for a centrifugal clutch. LOL that thing had a piece of foam duct taped to it for a seat and and a string for a gas throttle , you would pull the string and hold on to the frame with one hand the handle bar with the other ,then to stop you just drag your feet ....simple times but the fun we had on that thing , anyway times have changed and i've had alot of bikes over the years, now im building a 2011 gasgas with a 03 motor that im putting a counter balance in,should be a nice ride when i'm done.

That's a hell of a story. Good on you two for working for what you needed and building yourselves a ride. That's really wanting to ride.
Thank you for sharing it with us!

I can just picture ya'll riding that mini bike with one handlebar, pulling the string to go faster, and grinning the whole time.
(I once built a go-cart that had a pull string for a throttle, but at least we could put both hands on the steering wheel while we were driving it. )

super_rat 07-13-2019 04:26 PM

Age 61
Got a mini bike at 12
Sold my Maico 400 at 21
Back into dirt bikes at 46

rodent 08-23-2019 04:56 AM

Been riding dirt bikes since I was a small child, Now that I'm a big child I still love rippin' it up on a dirter :cool: Also been riding road bikes for 39 years :D

When my brother and I were young kids motorcycles were of great solace to both of us, and as long as my arse points to the ground I'll be riding :cool: