Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What did you do to your Gas Gas today? (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16277)

motorhead 07-22-2020 12:23 AM

Thoroughly cleaned front and rear master cylinders and calipers and installed new seals and pistons. Lost a brake pads clip in all the excitement of having the outsides vapor blasted by a riding buddy. They look amazing now! Also installed a Fasst co. return spring kit on the rear master cylinder, that's prompted me to fix and or replace a few other small issues, starting to get excited about riding again, it's been awhile.

Beastie Boy 07-22-2020 06:47 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Fitted 609 Fat bars and my favourite Chinese shorty folding brake and clutch levers and air bleeders

Attachment 8753

Attachment 8754

Attachment 8755

Attachment 8756

swazi_matt 07-22-2020 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beastie Boy (Post 195914)
Fitted 609 Fat bars and my favourite Chinese shorty folding brake and clutch levers and air bleeders

Attachment 8753

Attachment 8754

Attachment 8755

Attachment 8756

where did you get the folding levers?

Beastie Boy 07-26-2020 07:10 AM

Got levers from here....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-GAS-GAS...-/263420312302

Beastie Boy 07-27-2020 03:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got it dirty!

2 awesome days riding at Louee - New South Wales Australia

The Fatbar 609s worked great for me, felt much more comfortable on the bike

Attachment 8762

Gasser Nate 07-29-2020 08:51 PM

Axp braces with thermo fan

1 Attachment(s)
Fit up a thermo fan off a Kick Till Monday to my axp braces. Needed a little work around but fits in there!
I ordered some AS3 silicone hoses in the thermo delete option to go with but they dicked me around twice with unavailabilities. So replaced the thermo side hose with a straight bit of heater hose until I can get some in.

I also added a manual switch and ordered a lower temperature switching thermoswitch as 100 degrees is a little high for a 2t, and I'd like to be able to preemptively switch the fan on before the cooking starts in the technical stuff. I do think that the higher flow without the thermostat would almost be enough anyway.

The gasser has never boiled but I can feel it getting hot and there is a tiny bit of pipe knock/pinging when it is.

(F5) 07-30-2020 03:24 AM

Well I should have washed it from Sunday. But didn't. Saturday.

swazi_matt 07-30-2020 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gasser Nate (Post 195995)
Fit up a thermo fan off a Kick Till Monday to my axp braces. Needed a little work around but fits in there!
I ordered some AS3 silicone hoses in the thermo delete option to go with but they dicked me around twice with unavailabilities. So replaced the thermo side hose with a straight bit of heater hose until I can get some in.

I also added a manual switch and ordered a lower temperature switching thermoswitch as 100 degrees is a little high for a 2t, and I'd like to be able to preemptively switch the fan on before the cooking starts in the technical stuff. I do think that the higher flow without the thermostat would almost be enough anyway.

The gasser has never boiled but I can feel it getting hot and there is a tiny bit of pipe knock/pinging when it is.

now you've fitted the fan it will get hot due to lack of airflow so don't be surprised when the fan pops on more frequently than you thought.
With the 2018 configuration with the radiators blocked by the tank (like ktms) I would have thought they would boil easier than the pre-18 models

gasgasman 07-30-2020 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gasser Nate (Post 195995)

Just use a left side OEM hose on the right side.

Doc Brown 07-31-2020 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasgasman (Post 196001)
Just use a left side OEM hose on the right side.

The left hose is not available as single spare part. (BE71010GG-CLJ-1)