Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Chassis & Body (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   07 swing arm ? (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=888)

REVERUP 03-29-2007 06:52 PM

07 swing arm ?

Hey all you lucky ones with the 07 EC models, is your swing arm black? If so is it very durable to rocks etc.... Or does it look old in a hurry?

Is it just powder coating like the frame or something tougher?

And is your 07 bike a four stoke or two stroke if it did come equipped with a black swing arm?

I have seen pictures of 07 bikes with black swing arms and 07 bikes with the traditional polished aluminum. What gives, are they coming equipped with black or polished aluminum. :confused:

I personally don't care for black wheels, forks, or swing arms as those items have to take allot of abuse being so close to the terrain. Anyhow, post em up! Thanks, Roscoe

Boomhauer 03-29-2007 07:00 PM

If my memory serves me correctly only the 4 Strokes come with the black swingarm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by REVERUP (Post 4911)
Hey all you lucky ones with the 07 EC models, is your swing arm black? If so is it very durable to rocks etc.... Or does it look old in a hurry?

Is it just powder coating like the frame or something tougher?

And is your 07 bike a four stoke or two stroke if it did come equipped with a black swing arm?

I have seen pictures of 07 bikes with black swing arms and 07 bikes with the traditional polished aluminum. What gives, are they coming equipped with black or polished aluminum. :confused:

I personally don't care for black wheels, forks, or swing arms as those items have to take allot of abuse being so close to the terrain. Anyhow, post em up! Thanks, Roscoe

highspeedsteel 04-22-2007 08:37 PM

My 07 EC250 has a polished aluminium (not so polished any more) swing arm.

All the 07 2 strokes I have seen are the same. Haven't yet seen a 4 stroke in real life.

svt2224 04-22-2007 10:03 PM

I'm in the middle of redoing my 04' including having the swing arm powder coated satin black to match the frame. I hope it will be somewhat durable, but if it does scratch I supose it wont be to hard to cover up with alittle paint.

GMP 04-22-2007 10:15 PM

Powder coat is very durable, but not as durable as a rock. Since the underlying aluminum is softer than the steel frame, I would expect more chopping damage from small rocks. On the main frame, I slipped with a wrench and hit it pretty hard, with no effect.

REVERUP 04-22-2007 11:01 PM

The reason I asked is I have seen Fred Hoess and some European racers in pictures with 2007 EC 250's with black swing arms. Must be just for the factory race bikes. Fine by me not a fan of black rims, forks and swing arms. Anything aluminum I feel should stay natural on a Off Road bike.

GMP 04-23-2007 06:50 AM

They may be factory magnesium swingarms. Havn't looked recently but GG Spain used to have them listed on their website with other race parts, mainly for the FSEs.

JRDoz 04-23-2007 08:20 AM

It scratches just like any other part of your bike. Well on mine it does.

REVERUP 04-23-2007 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRDoz (Post 5417)
It scratches just like any other part of your bike. Well on mine it does.

Well that to me sounds like it scratches pretty easily.
Thats why I like the natural aluminum, I have buffed my swing arms rims etc to an almost new look many times. With the black stuff that isn't possible. Just curious how it holds up to abuse. Thanks for the reply.:)

GMP 04-23-2007 09:14 PM

I'd just leave it alone like Reverup. The stock swingarm seems like its clearcoated. If you do anything, why not strip it, buff/brush it out and re-clear coat? You can do clear powdercoat. I've had the opportunity to have mine black anodized along with parts we send out from where I work. I thought better of it after seeing a set of black wheels with a season on them.