Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   '12-'13 crossovers (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13300)

nato 09-16-2012 06:55 PM

'12-'13 crossovers

Has anyone had a chance to get a look at the '13 changes yet to see if its worth the coin for the changes to go on their 12's. Im interested in the seat change.

jpelaston 09-16-2012 08:51 PM

I can't imagine the seat change is all that ground breaking. I'd get the '12 and buy some '13 shrouds after you break the '12s

nato 09-16-2012 09:16 PM

I have a '12 but like the 1 bolt access idea to the filter.

twowheels 09-17-2012 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nato (Post 94970)
I have a '12 but like the 1 bolt access idea to the filter.

Very easy mod to make to the seat, but you still have to contend with the battery box. Will be interesting to see how the subframe is braced now that the battery box isn't providing lateral support.

GasTimppa 09-17-2012 01:58 AM

There is U- shaped aluminium piece in battery boxes place.

nato 09-17-2012 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twowheels (Post 94977)
Very easy mod to make to the seat, but you still have to contend with the battery box. Will be interesting to see how the subframe is braced now that the battery box isn't providing lateral support.

The seat is already 1 bolt :confused: Or do you mean bolt through the top? If so how did you do that one ;)

twowheels 09-17-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nato (Post 94981)
The seat is already 1 bolt :confused: Or do you mean bolt through the top? If so how did you do that one ;)

It starts out as a single bolt but has been known to become a zero-bolt arrangement at inopportune times :mad:

This has been covered in another thread, but here's the short form:

Sharpen the tip of a long screw and drive it up through the foam and the seat cover.

Put a large washer onto a button head Phillips screw and thread it into the nut imbedded in the seat. Thread the screw in far enough to compress the foam and drop the screw head below the plane of the seat.

Finish the job with a large washer and lock nut under the fender.

Clay 09-17-2012 09:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the photo of the crossbrace between the two subframe pieces/Attachment 2707

nato 09-17-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twowheels (Post 94999)
It starts out as a single bolt but has been known to become a zero-bolt arrangement at inopportune times :mad:

Sharpen the tip of a long screw and drive it up through the foam and the seat cover.

Put a large washer onto a button head Phillips screw and thread it into the nut imbedded in the seat. Thread the screw in far enough to compress the foam and drop the screw head below the plane of the seat.

Thanks mate. I will look into that one then.

STEVEV 09-17-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twowheels (Post 94999)

now it becomes a 2 tool job to remove the seat. I haven't had issues with mine yet but I've thought about threading a greased bolt into the nut and applying some epoxy with a syringe around the nut. If that doesn't work then I'll be going through the top as well. Too bad a dzus fastener couldn't work. For now it's blue loc-tite and duct tape