Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Electrical & Wiring (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   2013 300R, does the ignition key kill your bike... (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14521)

rgranger 03-18-2013 11:15 AM

2013 300R, does the ignition key kill your bike...(fixed)

I have to switch it on to use the e-start, keeps running when turned off. Have to use the kill-button to stop?
Thanks
Rob

update:

Found it, there are 2 sets of bullet connectors up by the neck under the tank.
both have blk&white plugged into blk&yellow

sounds crazy, they are the same color combo, but I switched them and now the ignition switch kills the bike and so does the kill button. maybe they should use different connectors - Nah!
Rob, woot!!! for once :) but how many other guys get their's switched, yeah, just me!!

Wimpy525 03-18-2013 11:54 AM

Never tried took it off gave me trouble twice won't get burned by it again!

rgranger 03-18-2013 01:28 PM

Did you just replace it with a toggle? That is sort of what I am thinking. Almost broke off the key a few times on the '11.

Wimpy525 03-18-2013 03:36 PM

No replaced it with nothing, just tie the two wires for the starter together and capped the two wires for the kill switch. they only time there will be a draw is when you push the starter button.

rgranger 03-18-2013 04:05 PM

sounds like the two wires for the kill switch part of my ignition switch are already disconnected :)
Thanks!!
Rob

Appalachian Offroad 03-21-2013 10:44 AM

On mine you can turn the bike off with the key but I also noticed the tail light is running on DC power as it comes on when the key is on.

rgranger 03-21-2013 11:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i tested the switch, and it shorts, i tested the yellow/green wire all the way back to the starter relay, but then things stop. I have continuity all the way from the switch back. I wonder if the pins are not in the right position. if anyone has time, can they confirm. i think these show up ok. I have 3 wires in a 4 pin connector.

Rob

rgranger 03-21-2013 06:20 PM

Found it, there are 2 sets of bullet connectors up by the neck under the tank.
both have blk&white plugged into blk&yellow

sounds crazy, they are the same color combo, but I switched them and now the ignition switch kills the bike and so does the kill button. maybe they should use different connectors - Nah!
Rob, woot!!! for once but how many other guys get their's switched, yeah, just me!!

Wimpy525 03-21-2013 07:23 PM

Think mine was that way out of the box but they found it during dealer prep. I still would get rid of that keyswitch!

rgranger 03-21-2013 07:27 PM

Wimpy, I think that I will, I sometimes leave the bike out where we ride overnight, nice having a key "sometimes" :)