Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Green plastic? (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2294)

roostafish 02-26-2008 11:15 PM

Green plastic?

Has anyone put Kawi plastic on their bike? I've been thinking it would be fun to go with a KDX headlight, and KX fenders with the white side panels. The only thing that would require thought would be the shrouds. Maybe go with black shrouds, and see which graphics would look good with the green.

I just think it would take some folks by surprise. As if the bike isn't unique enough as it is. I'm just kind of tired of people asking about how I got a headlight to work on my YZ. This would just tweak it a little bit, with the side benefit of the durability of green plastic. In my experience, green plastic stays looking good for longer than any other color.

tm_enduro 02-27-2008 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roostafish (Post 14036)
Has anyone put Kawi plastic on their bike? I've been thinking it would be fun to go with a KDX headlight, and KX fenders with the white side panels. The only thing that would require thought would be the shrouds. Maybe go with black shrouds, and see which graphics would look good with the green.

I just think it would take some folks by surprise. As if the bike isn't unique enough as it is. I'm just kind of tired of people asking about how I got a headlight to work on my YZ. This would just tweak it a little bit, with the side benefit of the durability of green plastic. In my experience, green plastic stays looking good for longer than any other color.

arghhh! putting trailer park clothes on a classy dame, say it isn;t so!! :eek: :confused:

Wellsy 02-27-2008 08:49 AM

tm enduro,
I agree completely and am looking to do the same thing with mine. I love my gasser with the only exception being the plastic - seems flimsy. I think that green would look awesome! I've seen where the parts cross over says for the front fender - 97-01 KX and the rear says 94 - 98 KX. Let me know if you find anything out and I'll do the same.

Metalefty 02-27-2008 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tm_enduro (Post 14046)
arghhh! putting trailer park clothes on a classy dame, say it isn;t so!! :eek: :confused:

Ya, it would make it Ghetto Fabulous, but if you wanted to be different, you would succeed. Post pics if you follow through, I could be wrong.

Texas Gasser 02-27-2008 09:08 AM

same here... I want to change colors too!... tired of my scarred-up blue plastic and peeling stock graphics...

I've seen that Polisport makes plastic for GG but can't seem to find an online dealer who sells it... While they don't appear to have green plastic for GG, if you want to change to red, blue, black, or yellow, they can accomodate for most recent years... I understand all colors fit all the ECs no matter what displacement you have...:D

SpeedyManiac 02-27-2008 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roostafish (Post 14036)
I'm just kind of tired of people asking about how I got a headlight to work on my YZ.

So instead you'll be asked how you got a headlight on a KX? :D

PEB 02-27-2008 11:06 AM

The rear 94-98 kx fender fits perfect. For the front I have run a CR, KX and I have a YZ fender waiting to replacew the one on the bike now. Green would not be my first choice but go for it. I would really like some white but the shrouds are the hold up.

Paul B

Ud_luz 02-27-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Gasser (Post 14050)
I've seen that Polisport makes plastic for GG but can't seem to find an online dealer who sells it...

I'm curious about this too.

PEB 02-27-2008 11:32 AM

Go fasters had some, if I recall corectly one of them told it wan't quite uo to snuff, perhaps one of them will chime in.

Paul B

Rick 02-27-2008 11:52 AM

I get the same thing with my yellow plastic....At the E Street Hare Scramble a few weeks ago, I got the "That is a cool RM with stainless steel frame":eek:

I'd like to change colors also. If I was to green then I'd be labled as a KDX:eek: