Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Engine - 2 stroke (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   And then this became a problem. (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7016)

dank 03-21-2010 01:41 PM

And then this became a problem.

my clutch drags. bad. it will start moving the bike with the clutch full in. i was wondering if bleeding the clutch would help this? seems like it would, because if theres any air in the lines, then it wouldnt move the plates apart like its supposed too. i was wondering what you guys thought, as to weather or not it would work.

(F5) 03-21-2010 02:08 PM

If your clutch gets air in it it will cause that, but likely it will be like a super light lever & like no action from the lever. Like zipo.

Otherwise do a search the topic has been covered many times. Mine required filing marks out of the basket & everyone has their opinion on which magic oil to use.

dank 03-21-2010 06:53 PM

is there any other way to adjust the clutch?

gg3 03-21-2010 08:14 PM

Hi Dank,
I had the same problem with my 2002 300 when I first got it.Bled the clutch countless times,from the bottom,from the top,syringes,clutch bleed kits,nothing worked.Then checked & replaced my clutch springs,filed the basket,Replaced the plates with little difference.Then got onto this site & went to a light oil.USA guys swear by amsol or rotella,we don't get either but ended up using Rockoil GRO light gear oil.Noticed a difference straight away but it got better after another oil change,I guess residue from other oils left on the plates? Point is get the right oil first,it's a cheap fix.

dank 03-21-2010 08:22 PM

so like amsoil 0w 40 or rotella of some sort? hmmmm. but ya its bad. the bike will start to move with the clutch in. eek.
thanks! any particular weight i should try? (i. e 10w30 0w40 etc....)

gg3 03-21-2010 08:31 PM

So was mine,If you sat with the clutch in it would try & creep forward or just load up & stall.0-40 seems to be the general opinion

dank 03-21-2010 08:47 PM

alright sounds good! Thanks! also, you wouldnt happen to know any other brand of throttle cable that would be longer than my stocker and would fit? i put pestrana fmx protapers on and they are about an inch and a half taller, so now the bike accelerates violently every time i try to make a right turn, without me twisting the throttle. not cool

gg3 03-21-2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dank (Post 41271)
alright sounds good! Thanks! also, you wouldnt happen to know any other brand of throttle cable that would be longer than my stocker and would fit? i put pestrana fmx protapers on and they are about an inch and a half taller, so now the bike accelerates violently every time i try to make a right turn, without me twisting the throttle. not cool

No,sorry.Never had to replace a cable on mine.Could re-routing the cable solve this?

wence 03-22-2010 12:25 AM

Call Go fasters for the longer throttle cable and then ensure it is routed as per the good book.
As far as oilos in clutches, I had a similar problem and now use GRO gear oil.
All good now.
Cheers Mark

dank 03-22-2010 07:58 AM

i dont think so. its routed properly, just too short because i have way taller bars. the pastrana fmx bars are about an inch and a half taller than the protaper EVO bars i did have. im going to call gofasters later today. thanks guys!