Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Suspension (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Rear suspension creaks (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10498)

Larsa 09-07-2011 05:46 PM

Rear suspension creaks

My rear suspension creaks when I press and lift up. But I can not find where the sound comes from. Have tried with another Sachs dampers, unload swing bolt but the sound is still there. GasGas EC300 2010 that I only has run 20 hours.:confused:

Bailey28 09-07-2011 05:53 PM

I found that if I run my rebound screwed down tight, it makes a creaking sound. I set mine at 25 clicks out, and the sound went away. I apparently like a fast rebound in the rear.

Larsa 09-07-2011 06:12 PM

Thanks but it can be the case because I have borrowed a Sachs rear shock from my friends 2007.
And on his bike you can?t hear any creaking.

GMP 09-07-2011 06:49 PM

Likely just a normal resonance noise from the shock/spring, I've heard mine do it as well on occasion. Any worse and I'd check the link are bearings.

Jakobi 09-07-2011 06:52 PM

If its not the shock then the next obvious thing would be the linkage. How long since this was last repacked with grease? What model bike etc? If you disconnect the lower shock mount and manually move the swingarm with the bike on the stand can you replicate the sound? Another consideration is that the brake caliper will move slightly on the disk as the suspension is compressed and then back the other direction as its released. Spray some WD4 on the rear disk (not really!! :eek:) but seriously try some brake cleaner or even just investigate that area as a source of the sound.

ScottyR 09-07-2011 07:54 PM

It is coming from the check valve inside the Sachs shock. Huskys do it all the time. Nothing really wrong, but it makes a creaking noise when you push up and down.

jeffs2200 09-07-2011 10:05 PM

Mine used to do it all the time but it seems to have stopped recently. I could never figure out why it creaked to begin with. The check valve sounds likely.

husley 09-07-2011 10:50 PM

My 2010 did the same thing around hour 20 for about 10 hrs then it fixed itself

Larsa 09-08-2011 07:05 PM

I found why rear suspension creaks

1 Attachment(s)
It was the swing arm that went against the engine. When GasGas cast engine block something went wrong.
So I had to grind the engine block. This may also explain why the sound disappeared on Husley bike after a while.

husley 09-08-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larsa (Post 69797)
It was the swing arm that went against the engine. When GasGas cast engine block something went wrong.
So I had to grind the engine block. This may also explain why the sound disappeared on Husley bike after a while.

Ugh........ thanks for the info. Guess I need to check that out asap