Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Electrical & Wiring (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   '05fse450 has no kill switch (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=192)

flybars 08-25-2006 12:27 AM

'05fse450 has no kill switch

Do not understand why this bike with all the dualsport electronics doesn't have a kill switch.
It has the identical starter button has the '05 Ktm. Also Ktm has a matching kill switch button. So I'll go with Ktm kill switch.
It's probly a real easy install, but a photo and instructions would sure help.Thanks alot, Bob

cdn280 08-25-2006 06:44 AM

Are you sure you don't have a yellow? button on the top of the turn signal housing on the left handlebar ? Its kinda hard to press in.

edit: sorry, I was going from bad memory. Yellow is the horn. The kill switch is grey and on the top/backside of the same signal housing. It doesn't have a lot of off/on feel, but if you push it hard enough it works.

flybars 08-25-2006 05:34 PM

'05fse450 has no kill switch

Thanks Cnd280. But I don't have grey button anywhere on the'05fse450.
The only switch that would have worked is the spring toggle button thing (black) on left front just ahead of horn switch. But it just lights up the headlight when pushed in, then shuts them off when u let up and labeled (lap). Thanks, Bob

MattR 08-25-2006 08:32 PM

I'm curious why the 4T bikes don't have a kill switch? I looked in the 2005 and 2007 FSE manuals, but the left handlebar switch is not discussed. Only the key ignition is discussed for on/off. Would a kill switch cause an issue with the EFI system? :confused:

iancp5 03-01-2009 03:03 PM

I wondered this. I suspect there are too many things that need switching off. Simply killing the engine would leave the fuel pump running. But ... surely a rocker type like road bikes could be used rather than a press and hold? It could just kill all power via a relay?

Bearman 03-01-2009 04:13 PM

We've got an '06 450 at our place at the moment. It has a kill switch? Where the starter button is, there is a red button above it, which allows the engine to be shutdown with the key still on. However the speedo or anything doesnt run without the engine running. You guys dont have this red button??

cal_tony 03-01-2009 07:49 PM

Re. My 04 450 FSE.

It also doesn't have a kill switch but it does have the same sw as discussed above. This switch turns the lights on and off. Surprisingly, my manual indicates that I do have a kill switch and it further indicates that I should use the kill switch to stop the motor because using the key to kill the motor could damage the EFI.

My 04 manual also indicates that I have a choke button for cold starting. Of course I don't but it would be nice since my bike on occasion does not like to start in cold weather.

So, just another of those GG mysteries.

Tony

coolum74 03-01-2009 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearman (Post 27264)
We've got an '06 450 at our place at the moment. It has a kill switch? Where the starter button is, there is a red button above it, which allows the engine to be shutdown with the key still on. However the speedo or anything doesnt run without the engine running. You guys dont have this red button??

Hope this isn't off track but my 06' is the same. You can leave the key on as long as you want and it doesn't seem to flatten the battery.

All other componets on the bike are shut down as soon as the kill switch is engaged.

Hope this helps

Adam

iancp5 03-02-2009 04:43 AM

Nope not on my 06. No kill switch! Think one day I might rig one up but having just bought it there are more pressing matters to sort.

By the way anyone know what the resistance changes of the oil pressure sensor / sender should be?

iancp5 03-02-2009 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cal_tony (Post 27278)
Surprisingly, my manual indicates that I do have a kill switch and it further indicates that I should use the kill switch to stop the motor because using the key to kill the motor could damage the EFI.

Why does it run Windows? :D :eek: