Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Western United States (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Nor Cal / Nevada Ride Weekend (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7153)

Rick 04-15-2010 08:55 AM

Nor Cal / Nevada Ride Weekend

Earlier this week I threw out a suggestion in the Offroad racer forum to plan a Nor.Cal/Nevada get together rider... If anyone from another state would like to join us....load up the GasGas Transportor and hit the road

So let do it.

Here's the plan. The last D-36 enduro for the spring is on May 16th at Georgetown. I would like to throw out some weekend dates and locations, then we as a group could go from there.

There is a special guest I would like to invite, but will not disclouse until we can nail down a weekend and location. This person is very involved in the GasGas community in trails and is breaking into the enduro market....more on that later.

If we wait to long the Sierra Nevada mountains will dry out and we'll end up with a dust-fest.

So...

May 15-16 Fools Gold Enduro- Georgetown

May 29-31 Memorial Day Weekend

June 5-6 Open

June 11-13 I will be out of town:mad:

June 19-20 Father Day Weekend

June 26-27 Open

We could ride the following:
1. Forest Hill:
2. Georgetown
3. Elkins Flat-my backyard:D
4. Washington Ridge;)

If anyone has another location in which you could as act as a trail guide please jump in.

I could trail guide Elkins Flat and Washington Ridge;)

Let's Roll!

Brian 04-15-2010 01:10 PM

I think Stoneyford should probably come off the list. June and on it tends to be pretty warm and very dusty. I have been there when its over 100. Can be a little dangerous.

Rick 04-15-2010 03:08 PM

RX good point.....Thanks

Rick 05-12-2010 07:52 AM

Any one interested, I will be at Elkins Flat on Sunday 5/16/2010, in the staging area around 9am.

Gray Ford Ranger w/ a yellow GasGas EC200.

If anyone wants to come up and ride for the drop me a pm. We had rain last Sunday and Monday, snow in the higher elevations, should be nice.

Rick 05-18-2010 01:04 PM

Was able to link up with sierrarider on Sunday 5/16/2010. We meet at Elkins Flat for what looked like an epic day or riding. The weather was perfect, still a bit of snow in the shade at the lower elevations. According to sierrariders riders GPS, at the 6000 ft mark the trails were pretty much blocked from to much snow. We headed back to stage and gas up for about a 35 mile loop.

Over all we had a great time.....Sorry, no pictures, my GoPro took a dump!

roostafish 05-18-2010 10:28 PM

You must have brought the snow back with you from your trip to Oregon.

Rick 05-19-2010 06:48 AM

No...we've just had a really wet and extended winter down here! Which we need really bad to fill the lakes...only to have the DWR release it all back into the Pacific, and cause a faulse drought;)

Change gears....I'm ready for another tour of Shotgun!

Brian 04-14-2011 02:25 AM

Shall we try again? maybe this summer?
I think there have been a few new folks in the Norcal region as well this year.

Rick 04-14-2011 02:36 PM

Let's give it a whrill.....i am game!
Was up at Pipi last weekend, ton of snow, the North South Road looked to be open, but riding in the Elkins Flat area is a no go! Too much snow!

We need to plan for as soon as the snow melts before all the dust sets in!

I think a weekend of camping / riding / bench racing would be good!

Brian 04-14-2011 02:48 PM

Sounds good. I think a High Sierra ride this summer would be awesome.
Wait for the snow melt.

Heading to Stonyford this weekend. Should be awesome conditions.