Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Parts (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   RB modded 250/300 carb $300 (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26094)

YZ250EC300 03-26-2023 02:18 PM

RB modded 250/300 carb

3 Attachment(s)
For sale is a PWK air striker carb with the RB carb mod. I?ll post a description of what that is from Rob at the end of the post. This came off of my 2010 ec250, I put a big bore on that bike so the carb is currently jetted for a 300. The carb Will come with all the jets, needle and slide. Everything but the throttle cable. Only reason for selling is I switched to a Lectron awhile back and then later sold the bike. Will ship if buyer pays shipping. $250 obo

Here is a new performance enhancer for the gasgas 250 and 300.

This mod is not meant to compete with other jetting kits out there, its taking carburetor tuning another step entirely.
Your stock carb is bored to 39 mm (a little better top-end) and my proven divider plate is installed (helps with low to mid range throttle response and tune-ability). The low speed circuitry is modified along with the slide, this helps bring the mixture screw into play. The mixture screw now becomes a very sensitive fine tuning tool for altitude and temperature changes.

pablopic999 04-29-2023 03:33 PM

Did the service at RB include machining or cutting the slide to a leaner size?

asking because I have tried everything to get bike to idle properly and it may be cheaper to buy another carb than fiddle around with changes on mine.

SS109 04-29-2023 05:31 PM

Yes, RB mods the slides on all of them.

farmerj 05-02-2023 09:30 AM

I have an RB carb mod on my 05 300, highly recommended, runs great & clean, more torque & Ron cuts to a #9 (H) slide which I have found to work great on all three of the 300s Ive had.

mtnmanseth 11-14-2023 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YZ250EC300 (Post 201352)
For sale is a PWK air striker carb with the RB carb mod. I?ll post a description of what that is from Rob at the end of the post. This came off of my 2010 ec250, I put a big bore on that bike so the carb is currently jetted for a 300. The carb Will come with all the jets, needle and slide. Everything but the throttle cable. Only reason for selling is I switched to a Lectron awhile back and then later sold the bike. Will ship if buyer pays shipping. $250 obo

Here is a new performance enhancer for the gasgas 250 and 300.

This mod is not meant to compete with other jetting kits out there, its taking carburetor tuning another step entirely.
Your stock carb is bored to 39 mm (a little better top-end) and my proven divider plate is installed (helps with low to mid range throttle response and tune-ability). The low speed circuitry is modified along with the slide, this helps bring the mixture screw into play. The mixture screw now becomes a very sensitive fine tuning tool for altitude and temperature changes.

Is this still avail? And will it fit right in a 2005 EC300 with the OE PWK 38mm AS carb?