Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   United Kingdom (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   any service people in yorkshire? (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18347)

richgilb 10-12-2014 05:50 AM

any service people in yorkshire?

Looking for someone that knows the bikes inside out and does not charge vat, so that rules just about every dealer in the country out.

I want to get the jetting sorted, can anyone near me do this?

jilljoy 10-12-2014 01:19 PM

where abouts are you?there is a guy from crook county durham knows all gas's inside out and cheap as chips

savage sausage 10-12-2014 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richgilb (Post 142028)
Looking for someone that knows the bikes inside out and does not charge vat, so that rules just about every dealer in the country out.

I want to get the jetting sorted, can anyone near me do this?

why pay a dealer when you can do it yourself?? part of owning a 2 stroke is learning how the carb/jetting works.

whats in it now (pilot / main / neeedle)

and whats the problem?

jilljoy 10-13-2014 12:41 PM

the local gas gas mechanic is listed on the gas gas approved dealer on their website in the trials section but does all bikes called alspan or al the spanner.he is really good for us guys that cannot do stuff ourselves

richgilb 10-21-2014 02:05 PM

Thanks for these replies, guys. Sorry for the delay. Been spanking the bike on the Isle Of Man. See pic of my bike admiring the view during a piss break.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/98137110@N06/14973641644/

I am in Hull.

My bike uses double the amount of fuel a 2012 ktm 200 uses and 1.5 times the amount of a 2004 ktm 200.

It splutters in the low revs, at tickover it usually stalls but sometimes revs high. It starts very well but needs a handful of throttle.

I put a 250/300 gnarly on, in the hope it would help without needing jetting but the problems are still there and now I just seem to have lost top end with no bottom end worth having for the sacrifice.

I don't really know whether to start the jetting with the standard pipe or the gnarly, I thought I read somewhere that gnarly pipes don't need jetting. I can't really believe this but if true I could start with the gnarly on.

I am up for taking the carbs off and having a go. But after that, if it does not improve significantly, I would gladly take it to this guy in Durham. I work up there once a week anyway and have a trailer.

jilljoy 10-23-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richgilb (Post 142510)
Thanks for these replies, guys. Sorry for the delay. Been spanking the bike on the Isle Of Man. See pic of my bike admiring the view during a piss break.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/98137110@N06/14973641644/

I am in Hull.

My bike uses double the amount of fuel a 2012 ktm 200 uses and 1.5 times the amount of a 2004 ktm 200.

It splutters in the low revs, at tickover it usually stalls but sometimes revs high. It starts very well but needs a handful of throttle.

I put a 250/300 gnarly on, in the hope it would help without needing jetting but the problems are still there and now I just seem to have lost top end with no bottom end worth having for the sacrifice.

I don't really know whether to start the jetting with the standard pipe or the gnarly, I thought I read somewhere that gnarly pipes don't need jetting. I can't really believe this but if true I could start with the gnarly on.

I am up for taking the carbs off and having a go. But after that, if it does not improve significantly, I would gladly take it to this guy in Durham. I work up there once a week anyway and have a trailer.

if you dropped it off in the morning it would probs be ready by teatime

Caravan Monster 10-24-2014 05:02 AM

The symptoms described sound like the problem common to the EC 200 / 250 / 300. It's covered in the 2 stroke engine and jetting sections in this forum. You have to start with the engine, get the squish to something like 1.2mm either with thinner base gasket or skim the head. Then give it a new set of piston rings. After checking the piston, reeds, con rod bearings, mains and seals, powervalve tension et c. are ok (it is an 11 year old dirt bike), then start on experimenting with jetting. It's almost certainly not as simple as changing one thing.

My EC200 gets nearly 80 miles to a tankfull greenlaning on 13 / 48 gearing and runs fine (has Gnarly pipe, iirc)

It's a bit of work to do all this, but worth it. If you don't have the inclination to do this work on the bike, take it to someone reputable, they will almost certainly be familiar with the squish issue and a professional mechanic should get the work done fast.

richgilb 10-24-2014 02:34 PM

I have done some engine work with a gas gas dealer. New piston and top bearings, and I asked him to put on a thinner base gasket. He also checked the power valve and said it was good. He reckons the bike has done virtually no miles. Anyway, I have since cleaned the filter and will repack the silencer.

The guy in Durham suggested I got in touch with gas gas in Buxton, as he was more into trials bikes.

Taking the carb off tomorrow to have a look inside.

gassergrant 10-26-2014 05:20 AM

have a look in the carb and see what you are running ie needle slide, pj mj a/s position and im sure some will be able to point you in the right direction

its not that hard once you get the nack

Watty 02-08-2015 01:02 PM

There is a guy in Darlington ive forgotten his name but he used to and possible still does spanner for the gas gas riders on the scott trial , he is a wizz with gasser trials bikes and the same with enduro bikes , he used to work for Whites in darlington but has since set up his own business called 2 wheels only also based in Darlington , the man is a magician when it comes to jetting etc