Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Test ride a Gasser? I'm headin' to Houston (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1498)

AZRickD 09-13-2007 11:40 PM

Test ride a Gasser? I'm headin' to Houston

Plans are not final, and they may blow up in my face.

But it looks like I will be flying to Florida somewhere between the last few days of September or the first few days of October, and then driving west back to Phoenix (driving my mother back so she can visit family -- hates to fly).

That means I have the potential to be in Houston (stopping over to visit my niece for a day), and hotel it to strategically position myself for the eventuality below: ------>

Two kindly Gassers offered me a test ride and while I feel as if I'm imposing, I'd hate to lose the chance. So, I'm goin' for it, if you're still ready, willing, and able.

If I had an impromptu 35-minutes over some bumps and a turn course that would be just dandy.

Thanks for your consideration.

Rick

Berkyboy 09-14-2007 07:17 AM

Be careful of those two:D :D

gasgasman 09-14-2007 08:43 AM

AZ, you won't be imposing at all.

We have three options:
1) The local MX track. 10min. North of Houston.http://www.threepalmsesp.com/

2) The Sam Houston National Forest-45 min. North of Houston.

3) Skull Creek Park- A lease owned by our club, The Trail Riders of Houston. 45 min. west of Houston on I10 and Hwy 71. Just south of Austin. It would be on your way back to AZ right off Interstate 10. We a have showers etc. there so you can clean up after the ride.

I'll be at the Caney Creek Enduro the rest of this weekend. So I won't have internet access.

Girard

gasgasman 09-14-2007 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berkyboy (Post 8534)
Be careful of those two:D :D

Ain't that the kettle calling the pot black.:eek:

AZRickD 09-14-2007 07:17 PM

Y'all are wunnerful.

I have an e-mail to my neice to figure out which side of Houston she is domociled. That might tell me where I want to go. Metro Houston is about as big as Metro Phoenix, so traveling around the freeways could be a make or break with my short timeframe. :(

All I need are some whoops (small ones) to test the swappiness, some rocks to test the plushness of the initial stroke, and some turns to check out the handling and gear box.

I'm not much of an MXer, but I've used them to practice if a race has a portion of a track that leads out to trail. And, really, I'm not much of a trail rider either. I'm certified "2.8mph slower than mid-pack."

The other issue is one of personal equipment. Space will be limited in the Honda Accord. If I bring my gear (even boots and helmet), I'll take a huge chunk of trunk space.

Yes, I'm becoming a pain.

So, tell me what I need to bring.

Pizza and beer is on me.

Rick

Boomhauer 09-14-2007 09:05 PM

Just bring your body with clothes on please!:p

Tell us what size gear you wear and I am sure between the two of us we can hook you up. I have extra boots, helmet, jersey, pants, socks, etc.:cool:

I will bring the 04 300 and the new 07 300, just so you can feel the difference.

Let us know. And don't listen to Berkyboy! He talks with a funny accent, and you know you can't trust those funny talking folks!:p :D

AZRickD 09-14-2007 10:07 PM

I... I... I'm speechless.

I swear, to all present, that should I purchase a GG EC300 next summer, I shall be as hospitable with visitors from faraway lands as you have been with me... if they reward me with pizza and beer.

Rick
Medium head. Big feet
57-58 cm, size 12 Beriks
I'll bring a camera.

SpeedyManiac 09-15-2007 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 8558)
Let us know. And don't listen to Berkyboy! He talks with a funny accent, and you know you can't trust those funny talking folks!:p :D

I think all of you guys talk with a funny accent! :D

AZRickD 09-16-2007 07:25 PM

Looks like the flight is set.

I will be in Florida on Thursday Oct 4th.

I will likely leave Florida the next day. Stay in Lousiana and perhaps be in Houston on Saturday or Sunday.

Rick

Berkyboy 09-17-2007 07:58 AM

So on my way to Chile for the ISDE in November can I set up a ride, I have a 6 hour lay-over in Atlanta. :D

That's what's great about GasGas bikes and the people that ride them, anything for a fellow rider! :)