Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   03 300 not running (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10375)

tophat 08-20-2011 01:51 PM

03 300 not running

Hi guys, my first post so the drinks are on me :0)

I have recently bought an 03 300 GG. It needs some work but it was a cheap purchase.

I did have it running but it would not idle, it would just die. After some messing with the carb to clean the jets and check the float hight it now will not start for nothing. Well it does try on the first kick but just does not go after that.

I have a good spark and have checked the carb over again and all is fine. I have good compression too and each time I take the spark plug out it is wet with fuel.

Im used to KTM's and have some experience with off road/MX bikes so not a complete newby.

Does anyone have any other ideas at to what I should be looking at on the GG to help get it running again?

Cheers

T

hannesd 08-20-2011 02:48 PM

try a fresh new spark plug...?

blitz11 08-20-2011 04:42 PM

Are you giving the bike throttle as you try to start it?

Have you pulled the plug to verify that you do have spark?

einsteingarage 08-20-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hannesd (Post 68696)
try a fresh new spark plug...?

agreed, try a new spark plug. Also make sure your throttle cable doesn't have tension on it anywhere. lastly, pull the pilot again and make sure it isn't blocked. It takes very very little to plug it up.

bukwheat 08-20-2011 05:08 PM

Probably be a good idea to repack the silencer/spark arrestor.

lonetree 08-20-2011 06:19 PM

if you have good spark, and your carby is clean, next place to look is the reeds, make sure their not cracked or curling up, (my 04 had curled up reeds, just flipped them over problem fixed.)
but with the wet plug, kinda sounds like its running a bit rich....

stainlesscycle 08-20-2011 09:49 PM

was working on a bike recently that would start and then just die instantly. plug was wet.

funny thing was it had a gasgas kill switch i took off another bike. removed the kill switch and it was fixed..

tophat 08-21-2011 10:05 AM

Chers for the replys guys.

I have now changed the spark plug, the plug lead, cleaned all the connectors for the coil. Checked the reads and there ok. Dis asembled the kill switch and cleaned the carb again.

Still no joy?

Any more ideas welcome.

Cheers

T

bergerhag 08-21-2011 10:21 AM

sheared the woodruff key for the flywheel? That would give you nice spark,but with the timing all off.

tophat 08-21-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bergerhag (Post 68716)
sheared the woodruff key for the flywheel? That would give you nice spark,but with the timing all off.

Hmm ill take a look at that, cheers.

Can somone confirm what spark plug should be in this bike pls?

Cheers