Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2013 300 or 2014 300 ? (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16794)

ACR Tom 02-22-2014 09:05 PM

2013 300 or 2014 300 ?

So I am looking at the new bikes and thinking a 300 will work for me but what one ? I am a trials rider first and trail rider 2nd . Not good enough and to old with health problems to be a racer . So I am looking at some dual sport kind of riding but with great low end , power for the road and trail ? So is the 14 that much better that a leftover is not the way to go ? What mods would I need like the seat is not very comfortable I have read . I am about 200 lbs , will the suspension be ok ? Thanks for any input you may have !

adv rider 02-22-2014 10:17 PM

13 or 14'

If $ is no object, i would go 14'. But IMHO , i am a leftover bike kind of guy. If i was that worried about weight, I would just train harder. Which would do more , than 14lbs less weight.

If you could ride the 2 on the same day,same course. Maybe the differences would sway you. And the 2014 GG's sure look sweet.

djroggen 02-22-2014 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACR Tom (Post 128635)
So I am looking at the new bikes and thinking a 300 will work for me but what one ? I am a trials rider first and trail rider 2nd . Not good enough and to old with health problems to be a racer . So I am looking at some dual sport kind of riding but with great low end , power for the road and trail ? So is the 14 that much better that a leftover is not the way to go ? What mods would I need like the seat is not very comfortable I have read . I am about 200 lbs , will the suspension be ok ? Thanks for any input you may have !

I would say either the 13 or 14 suspension wise will be just fine with trail riding. The is quite a bit of adjustment.

Hasslebri has a nearly new 13 with incredibly low hours for a smoking deal somewhere on this forum.

(General GasGas)/

Seat is a bit stiff if you ride sitting down.

Mods wise you don't need much.

Jetting is always #1, once you get it jetted for your fuel, elevation, and power and characteristics you will love the motor.

I like my axle pull, and front axle nut.

I crash my fair share and like my scorpion rad guards. They are tough.

My favorite is the huge flywheel weight s3 makes. But if you go with the estart, it creates a very similar flywheel effect so you wouldn't need the flywheel weight in a estart.

Wimpy525 02-23-2014 06:26 AM

The 14 sure looks sweet but there are some good deals on a 13. Matto's has one in stock and will probably deal with you. I raced all the ECEA enduros last year so mine is set up for that.
The what you need to do to a 13 list
Sub Frame upgrade
Alluminum Skid plate
Radiator guards
Tall seat (gutz)
Gearing 13/50
Bark busters
Jetting
Suspension by Budd (i'm a big guy)
Trail Tech X bend bars (Least amount of pull back)
Leo Vince Sliencer
14 break pedal (I broke 3 of the 13's this one looks more robust and with no bend I think will be less prone to breaking)
YZ 250 kick starter
Grip Heaters
Rekluse clutch cover
Rekluse clutch basket (All though the 13 is better than the 12 and may not be needed)
Trail Tech Voyager GPS ( I do a lot of Trail work)
As far as getting it ready for a dual sport I dont think much will be needed. Mattos had turn signals and computers all OEM GasGas that came off of a European bike, you maybe able to get a deal. Getting a plate was no hastle.
I have had my 13 since fall of 12 I have about 140 hrs on it. I have had no major problems that were not self induced. I dont plan on riding as much this year but for 15 the bike will be rebuild and raced the entire season again.

ACR Tom 02-23-2014 10:23 AM

Thank Wimpy for all the info mattos is close that means a lot to me :D . Good deal also is important . I am going to TTC in march and will try to go to see Clay and do some test riding . But I will take a ride up to mattos and talk to bud .

wa_ndro 02-23-2014 09:50 PM

Hey Wimpy
Who are you ordering the 2014 brake pedals through? Motocrosscentre? Are they getting any cheaper?
Thanks

Wimpy525 02-24-2014 06:05 AM

Matto Cycle got me mine for around 120

wa_ndro 02-24-2014 07:25 AM

That's pretty good, I think I was looking at almost 200 to get to Australia

Vindicator 02-24-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wimpy525 (Post 128649)
The 14 sure looks sweet but there are some good deals on a 13. Matto's has one in stock and will probably deal with you. I raced all the ECEA enduros last year so mine is set up for that.
The what you need to do to a 13 list
Sub Frame upgrade

On a 13' ? Aren't these already aluminum ?

twowheels 02-24-2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vindicator (Post 128740)
On a 13' ? Aren't these already aluminum ?

Not for the US bikes.