Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Chassis & Body (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   I rode off a mounain (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12941)

bowhunter007 07-31-2012 05:30 PM

I rode off a mounain

Long story shortened. I severely damaged my '01 XC250. I either already have replacement parts(airbox & subframe). I know where I'll get new rads. My question: Where can I get new plastics that won't cost an arm & leg? Can I update my bike with newer Rad shrouds? If so, what years look good? Mostly, I just need new shrouds. I can replace everything else, with KX plastics cheaply.

Jakobi 07-31-2012 05:35 PM

How about you mate?? Any damage sustained to the rider?? What happened? You know this thread needs pics.

bowhunter007 07-31-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakobi (Post 91753)
How about you mate?? Any damage sustained to the rider?? What happened? You know this thread needs pics.

Unfortuneately no video or pics. I could take a couple of the aftermath, I suppose. I'm actually good at crashes. I got off right before It cartwheeled over the side. I ended up bruising my left elbow. I haven't ever torn off the seat before. I can instantly tuck & roll like champ. I do need a new helmet. I bounced it off the ground pretty good. I was able to start the bike, and climb up to the trail. I'm giving serious thought to stuffing the Gasser engine into my KX rolling chassis, until I purchase all the crap I need for the Gasser.

Jakobi 07-31-2012 06:14 PM

It sounds epic! Glad to hear you came away unscathed. Not so lucky for the bike. Time for a 2013 model! :D :D :D

Cruiser 07-31-2012 08:29 PM

Glad your ok!! the shrouds fit from a few years.. 00-09? Not sure on the ones that would fit the 11 style bike.. may fit.. have a gg dealer nearby? Rear fender and sidepanels are 94-98 KX 250. The 10-11 front fender/headlight look rather nice.. good time to change color while your at it..

Cruiser 07-31-2012 08:31 PM

If you want some used beat up stuff from a 01-02 just let me know.. I think I still have some extra plastic I got from Rich Lafferty's team bike back in the day.. He was rough on his plastic.. but it may be usable..

bowhunter007 07-31-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruiser (Post 91777)
Glad your ok!! the shrouds fit from a few years.. 00-09? Not sure on the ones that would fit the 11 style bike.. may fit.. have a gg dealer nearby? Rear fender and sidepanels are 94-98 KX 250. The 10-11 front fender/headlight look rather nice.. good time to change color while your at it..

I'm thinkin' black fenders, with the rest of the plastics white. I can get custom graphics made locally. I have a rolling chassis('95 KX250), that I've kept around, because of my Gassers. I went out the garage, and stared at my bike(what's left of it). What a mess, even the airbox is shattered. Oh well, about $600 in new parts, and she'll be up & runnin'.

firffighter 07-31-2012 10:16 PM

Just trade back with your son-in-law:D

Seriously, that is a bummer! At least you didn't get hurt!

Where were you riding? Walker?

bowhunter007 08-01-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firffighter (Post 91794)
Just trade back with your son-in-law:D

Seriously, that is a bummer! At least you didn't get hurt!

Where were you riding? Walker?

Gifford Pinchot. Luckily, not too high up, where my bike would've fallen a "time zone" or two. It was my fault. I looked down at my left leg, to see what I was dragging. I looked up just in time to realize I was about to have an epic failure. The rest, is history. My son-in-law has hired security to keep me out his garage:D

waycrazy 08-01-2012 07:09 PM

I wanna see pics of carnage