Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mini Gasser 's Corner (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   New gasser in the stable! (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15531)

roverhybrids 07-30-2013 04:53 PM

New gasser in the stable!

1 Attachment(s)
Started my boy on the orange koolaid at age 3.
Now he's 5, he gets a chance to try a gasgas.
It's a "new" 2005 ec50 boy.
http://gasgasrider.org/forum/attachm...1&d=1375271163

twowheels 07-30-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverhybrids (Post 116816)
Now he get a chance to try the gasgas.
It's and "new" 2005 ec50 boy

Are you from Australia? j/k

Nice bike. Hoping to get my boys interested in some shop work ... they're already jazzed about getting a bike.

AZRickD 07-30-2013 08:50 PM

For some reason this forum flips photos when they are attached.

Rick 07-30-2013 11:13 PM

That looks great......nice looking bike!

bergerhag 07-31-2013 06:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
fixed it

nknudsen 07-31-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverhybrids (Post 116816)
Now he's 5, he gets a chance to try a gasgas.
It's a "new" 2005 ec50 boy.

Is this one of the new bikes that was on e-bay a while back? Looks like it'll be a blast! Nice find!

Moto7man 07-31-2013 10:33 AM

Wow, that a great looking little bike!:)

roverhybrids 07-31-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nknudsen (Post 116863)
Is this one of the new bikes that was on e-bay a while back? Looks like it'll be a blast! Nice find!

Yes it is. There was a used 2004 model I was looking at and the day I made an offer it sold the night before after being on craigslist for months.

I tried researching these and found little info. Seems the engine is a fairly common manufacture and has cylinder kits to increase cc's.

It also has high and low gearing and an auto clutch with manual lever. This should help him get used to the clutch lever and hopefully aid in difficult obstacles where the KTM gets stalled/stuck.

We'll see how it works. I haven't given it to him yet. Mommy wants to wait till xmas!

Coop 07-31-2013 02:56 PM

Christmas? I guess in Ca you can still ride then, here we would have too much snow/too cold for a kid to ride lol.

Cool bike, congrats to you and your son.

waycrazy 08-10-2013 01:44 AM

It would make a nice Xmas present. But if your like me your probably just as excited to give it to him as he is to get it.

robicon 08-11-2013 09:36 PM

My son has this bike in the trials model I love it he is only five and I can't believe how he can climb with it love the two speed. both have the same motor trans. I have not had any problems.
good luck with it

roverhybrids 08-11-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robicon (Post 117493)
My son has this bike in the trials model I love it he is only five and I can't believe how he can climb with it love the two speed. both have the same motor trans. I have not had any problems.
good luck with it

hows the power? I haven't had time to prep this bike yet, so haven't started it.
Hows the clutch? Will it burn up if an adult rides it like the KTM?
know where I can get a spark arrestor?

robicon 08-12-2013 09:50 PM

not sure about the spark arrestor but I would start with your dealer, I bought the bike used and chase has been on it for two years with no problems, I have not touched the clutch only had adults on it on flat ground. I have not yet had chase using to hand clutch I hope to later this year or next.
It has really nice smooth power I would like to find ec50 for his track/trial bike. I would choose the gasser over ktm so when do you want to sell it:)

robicon 11-26-2013 02:37 PM

how is the 50 working for you?

roverhybrids 11-26-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robicon (Post 123133)
how is the 50 working for you?

It's not YET!

We decided to wait till xmas to give it to him

robicon 12-03-2013 10:39 AM

sorry I thought gasgas 50 had the same engine as the trials two speed it is only a single speed. I am looking at the same bike. you have the mc not the ec with means it is liquid cool and has smaller wheels. My son wants a motocross bike now and really wants a ktm, but I think I will just buy him a gasgas. I would love to hear more about the bike when it is up and running.

roverhybrids 12-03-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robicon (Post 123510)
sorry I thought gasgas 50 had the same engine as the trials two speed it is only a single speed. I am looking at the same bike. you have the mc not the ec with means it is liquid cool and has smaller wheels. My son wants a motocross bike now and really wants a ktm, but I think I will just buy him a gasgas. I would love to hear more about the bike when it is up and running.

AFAIK this IS the same as the trials 50cc bike.
Mine has both ec50 boy and mc stickers, but it is not an MC.
12" rear wheel, 14" front. Water cooled with single radiator.
High/low button on left side where a shifter would be.

roverhybrids 12-27-2013 08:31 PM

Well son got to ride the gasser for the first time today. Started boiling in about 5 mins. Coolant level was full, but maybe I should have changed it?. Haven't torn into it yet.

I lowered the rear shock to the lowest setting and removed the spacers in the forks and replaced them with 1.5" long pieces of 3/4" pvc. Lowered it a good 2"(now kickstand doesn't work, gonna cut it down).

So anyone got any tips for overheating problems with these?

Rick 12-27-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverhybrids (Post 125117)
Well son got to ride the gasser for the first time today. Started boiling in about 5 mins. Coolant level was full, but maybe I should have changed it?. Haven't torn into it yet.

I lowered the rear shock to the lowest setting and removed the spacers in the forks and replaced them with 1.5" long pieces of 3/4" pvc. Lowered it a good 2"(now kickstand doesn't work, gonna cut it down).

So anyone got any tips for overheating problems with these?

Man that sucks.....
Just it's big brothers check the water pump impeller, water hoses, water passages and head o rings.
Do you have circulation of water within the radiator.
What about the radiator cap? Pressure test?

Good luck

robicon 12-27-2013 10:18 PM

that seems weird chase's bike has a fan but it has not worked since i have had it. it is the switch and i was going to change, but i have never had a problem with over heating. there must be something plugging the system. if not ship it up here i would love to have that bike. the mx liquid cooled engine with the ec bigger wheels seems like the perfect bike.

roverhybrids 12-27-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robicon (Post 125127)
that seems weird chase's bike has a fan but it has not worked since i have had it. it is the switch and i was going to change, but i have never had a problem with over heating. there must be something plugging the system. if not ship it up here i would love to have that bike. the mx liquid cooled engine with the ec bigger wheels seems like the perfect bike.

this is the trials motor same as the txt 50 you have. I have my eye on an mc50 and if I make it happen I'll be trying to fit the bigger wheels from the ec50. Also been eying the bigger bore kits, but not sure if they actually fit this motor

Good to hear you don't have overheating problems, maybe I should have flushed out the 8 year old coolant.....

roverhybrids 12-28-2013 02:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Both holes at the cylinder to cases junction were plugged

robicon 12-29-2013 11:33 PM

nice find you may want to flush the hole system. I am keep my eye out for one. i think i was looking at the same mc50 seems like a good deal

roverhybrids 01-01-2014 09:31 PM

Rob,
have you seen any aftermarket pipes for the ec50?

I'll trade you the ec50 for an mc65 next year!

robicon 01-03-2014 10:07 PM

i haven't seem much for after market, but i am not really looking just trying to find a bike at this point. if i find anything i will let you know. when you are ready to sell let me know if it is to small chase i have twins that are two now