Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Goggles for Airoh Aviator?? (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13188)

RD350 08-30-2012 08:02 PM

Goggles for Airoh Aviator??

Just got a new Airoh Aviator last month. Love the helmet. I get very hot and and have neck problems. So, I purchased the Aviator because it is the lightest helmet I could find and it is the most vented as well. The venting it great, you can feel the air blowing on your head, never felt that before with any helmet.

The problem: The face opening is small. I have Spy, Scott, Smith and Oakley goggles in various stiles and none of them fit right. Some are better but still don't fit like I want. The goggles get pushed down onto my nose and pinch it off.

If you have this Helmet what goggles do you use?

I did a net search and found that some people are using Von Zipper Sizzle MX. They said that it was a small/medium frame goggle that fits it well. Does anyone have any experience with this goggle? Looking for info before I send off cash for goggles that don't fit it as well.

gasgasman 08-30-2012 08:18 PM

I use the Scott Hustle goggles with my Aviator.
They are the only goggles I have found that don't pinch my nose off.

The eyeport on the Aviator is way bigger than the Stelt.

jeffs2200 08-30-2012 09:03 PM

I use the smith fuel and the dragon and also the fox main goggles with my stelt and have no problems. I have a small nose though. You may need to remove the nose guard from the goggles.

swazi_matt 08-31-2012 12:49 AM

Glad to hear that it is as vented as it looks, just received mine yesterday and tried it with Scott hustle, pro grip and oakleys and they all fit a lot better than they did in my Thor. The Scott had issues getting in as they also have a nose guard

I think the best is to go with your helmet to a bike shop and try them on with the helmet, I have three pairs of new goggles (that fortunately fit my new helmet) that I bought based on Internet comments that just did not work with me/Thor combo

RD350 08-31-2012 03:28 PM

Thanks,

My son has Hustle googles. I'll jack those from him and test it out.

I am going to order a pair of Von Zipper Sizzles MX's to see if they are a smaller framed goggle as well.

roverhybrids 09-01-2012 09:18 AM

I've got spy goggles with the same problem. Let us know how the hustle and VZ work out

RD350 09-02-2012 08:32 AM

I road about 2 hrs yesterday. The Hustle goggles worked out OK, they are usable but they are still locked into the eye port with out much room to move. Without some movement the goggle may not be in the correct position on your face.
You will need to play with the bottom frame adjuster. If you are not familiar with the hustle, it has a 4 position adjuster that moves the lower goggle frame closer or farther from your cheek bones. This changes the nose piece pressure on the bridge of your nose.

Maybe I should have stated that the helmet in a medium. The aviator uses a different shell for the different sizes. If you have a large or x large head you will get a larger eye port and not encounter this problem.

gasgasman 09-02-2012 02:02 PM

You may want to try a youth size goggle.

My Aviator is a large, so like you said the eye port is bigger.

swazi_matt 09-02-2012 02:25 PM

Yep mine is large as well

gasgasquebec 09-05-2012 04:30 PM

You need Ariete googles

Ariete and airoh Stelt or Aviator is a perfect match