Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   USA Gas Gas importer ? (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1336)

REVERUP 08-01-2007 07:08 PM

USA Gas Gas importer ?

What gives? I heard some rumblings a while back and now I heard today that it looks as if Dixie Sales will not be the USA importer of Gas Gas or Husaberg after this September, and as of now there is no replacement!
This coming after I got great news that my sponsor would continue to stand behind me and my choice of racing weapon and get me one of those tricked out 2008 300's so I can retire my now getting dated 2006 to trail riding duty. This even though he is giving the Gas Gas line to another shop.
Now I am very concerned about obtaining a 2008 model. This sucks!:(

REVERUP 08-01-2007 08:02 PM

I hope I didn't come off sounding like gloom and doom! I just wanted to say, I have since been contacted by a very, very, reliable source and learned a few possible and maybe even probable scenario's that could be a real blessing in disguise and really help keep us die hard Gas Gas guys happy for seasons to come. So this very well may work out to be for the best. Can't wait to hear the pending announcements.:)

lukachuki 08-01-2007 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REVERUP (Post 7456)
I hope I didn't come off sounding like gloom and doom! I just wanted to say, I have since been contacted by a very, very, reliable source and learned a few possible and maybe even probable scenario's that could be a real blessing in disguise and really help keep us die hard Gas Gas guys happy for seasons to come. So this very well may work out to be for the best. Can't wait to hear the pending announcements.:)

Yeah I hope that you are right. I am just a fledgling GG guy and I don't want to have the brand disappear before I really get going. These bike may not be well known but they sell themselves. Now if only someone could figure out how to market them, they could give KTM a run for their money.

barkeater 08-01-2007 08:26 PM

The shakey importer situation has been a dark cloud for Gas Gas since the late 90's. The bikes would sell a whole lot better if someone could hang on to distribution for more than 2 or 3 years AND support the racing community at the same time.

Anyone with a money tree in the back yard up for the job?
:p

Boomhauer 08-01-2007 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukachuki (Post 7458)
Yeah I hope that you are right. I am just a fledgling GG guy and I don't want to have the brand disappear before I really get going. These bike may not be well known but they sell themselves. Now if only someone could figure out how to market them, they could give KTM a run for their money.

I agree also! We need to have somebody step up to the plate and market these great bikes!:cool:

I think they would & could out sell KTM's in the long run.
Think back to when KTM first came out and we were asking questions then and look where they are at today.

Boomhauer 08-01-2007 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barkeater (Post 7459)
The shakey importer situation has been a dark cloud for Gas Gas since the late 90's. The bikes would sell a whole lot better if someone could hang on to distribution for more than 2 or 3 years AND support the racing community at the same time.

Man if I had that money tree I would do it in a heart beat!

lukachuki 08-01-2007 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barkeater (Post 7459)

Jeff? You could sell stickers until you started making a profit. :D :D

Boomhauer 08-01-2007 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukachuki (Post 7462)
Jeff? You could sell stickers until you started making a profit. :D :D

He has to agree to the style of stickers first,:D then we can talk about selling them!:p

GMP 08-01-2007 08:38 PM

Quote:

Now if only someone could figure out how to market them, they could give KTM a run for their money.
You got that right. The '07 bike is fantastic. I raced it Sunday and went faster than I did in a long time. I would hate to see things get screwed up now.

KTM is poised on the edge of a major gas cap disaster, with no fix yet. Now is the time for a GG push!

Boomhauer 08-01-2007 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMP (Post 7465)
You got that right. The '07 bike is fantastic. I raced it Sunday and went faster than I did in a long time. I would hate to see things get screwed up now.

KTM is poised on the edge of a major gas cap disaster, with no fix yet. Now is the time for a GG push!

+1

I am in the process of buying my 2nd Gaser and I will never look at another brand of bike. These bikes are just awesome!