Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Product Reviews (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Maxxis SI Tires (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=514)

Boomhauer 12-15-2006 05:23 PM

Maxxis SI Tires

Well I took the bike out for a spin today with my new Maxxis SI tires. These tires hooked up really well. It was wet in some spots and they clean themselves very well.

The front SI tires looks almost like the Michelin M-12 and handles far better than the S-12 or the M-12 for that matter. My S-12 use to "Skate" in the fast corners,:eek: and today the bike just stayed on line with minimal slipage.:cool:

Where I ride we have everything from fine sand to hard park, and even slick roots. These tires handled very well and I would recomend them to anyone.

The real test will be longevity, and from what I hear these tires will last for awhile.

gasIdaho 03-04-2007 06:29 PM

How are the treads holding up?

Boomhauer 03-05-2007 07:35 AM

Barely any wear showing so far. I have been quite inpressed with them thus far. I have ridden in slick mud, hard pack, sand, roots, rocks, etc and all of the lugs are still there on the tire. We did our 1st enduro back in January and my friend was running the S12's and his were chunked after that race.

I will swear that these tires handle just like or even better than the S12's.

west aussie gas 450 08-26-2007 04:23 AM

Maxxicross si&it

:D Just gave the fse 450 a birthday an fitted 2new tyres ,the front is a maxxicross si an rear is a IT and what a difference they made on the first ride.I ride on sand an limestone an the bike went like it was one with the ground hardly any wheel spin which when your used to wheel spin i was doing mono's where your not suppose to ie out out of corners an stuff but so far will stick with this brand.

TooFastTim 08-27-2007 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west aussie gas 450 (Post 8042)
it was one with the ground hardly

he he..as long as it isn't you being "one with the ground" (my normal state).

west aussie gas 450 11-18-2007 04:34 PM

Maxxis tyres

Well have had the tyres on the bike for about 500kms,have been riding on gravel,limestone ,bitumen an sand and so far have had no wear on tread .I can't believe how they are going on the wear factor and will be sticking with this brand .:D

MattR 12-15-2007 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 4213)
I will swear that these tires handle just like or even better than the S12's.

Michigan riders swear by the S-12's for our terrain here. Since Michelin switch the manufacturing from France to Thailand, the rubber is just not the same quality as before. The Thai rubber starts to split and chuck too quickly.

I bought a Maxxis SI for the rear just out of curiousity. I agree that these grip are as good as S-12's. My rear S-12 wore out very quickly compared to the Maxxis SI. I'm really impressed with them.

REVERUP 12-16-2007 07:09 PM

I agree, the SI's are a very good tire and you will save some dough over the Michelin's S12 that are very popular.

I have tried the IT's and hated them ,especially the front, but I ride in wet conditions at least 75% of the time. They have really stiff side walls like a hard terrain tire and were a real bear to mount IMO.

SpeedyManiac 12-16-2007 07:37 PM

I don't mind the ITs. They work well on the mix of terrain I ride up here. I'm going to give the SI's a go in the spring to see how they work. I ended up running a front SM for a few weeks in october and was impressed by how well it hooked up on all terrain, including wet snotty roots covered in leaves.

I'm sold on Maxxis tires. They work well, wear extremely well and are reasonably priced (rear S12 is about $140, SI and IT rears are around $90-100).

eff 12-17-2007 10:45 AM

I'm running the SI up front and the IT in the rear. Great combo.