Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Suspension (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Stock Ohlins 888 Clickers (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9700)

Jakobi 05-19-2011 02:29 AM

Stock Ohlins 888 Clickers

Hi everyone.

Just curious as to what settings people are using with stock valving. If you could follow the format below would be great. I'll post mine after I count my rebound again. Can't remember where its at.

Weight (geared up): ~85kg
LSC: 19 out
HSC: 1 3/4 out
RBND: <to enter> out (~20)
Free sag: 35mm
Race sag: 115mm
Spring: stock
Terrain: Mixed. But mostly 2nd 3rd 4th rocks and roots. Creek beds etc. / single track.

MJC 05-30-2011 06:43 PM

11' Six Days 250
210# A-vet H/S

LSC= 28 out
HS= 2 turns out
RB= 12 out
Free Sag= 27
Race Sag= 105
Stock Rear spring

Terrain= mixed 1st-4th gear, rocks, roots, stream beds. Single track and grass tracks.

gasgasman 05-31-2011 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJC (Post 64339)
11' Six Days 250
210# A-vet H/S

LSC= 28 out

28 out, that's full soft?

MJC 05-31-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasgasman (Post 64387)
28 out, that's full soft?

30 out is full soft. 28 is where I like it and I haven't bottomed it out hard yet, and some of the H/S tracks have had huge jumps eg Broome Tioga Mx track.
I'm not sure if the Six Day's models had different valving from the std model or not, but I could not get the front forks to stroke through the last 2" of travel no matter fast or hard I hit stuff they simply would not go through that last 2". I've since had them revalved by W.E.R and they now work great as does the stock valved shock.

Jakobi 05-31-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJC (Post 64403)
30 out is full soft. 28 is where I like it and I haven't bottomed it out hard yet, and some of the H/S tracks have had huge jumps eg Broome Tioga Mx track.
I'm not sure if the Six Day's models had different valving from the std model or not, but I could not get the front forks to stroke through the last 2" of travel no matter fast or hard I hit stuff they simply would not go through that last 2". I've since had them revalved by W.E.R and they now work great as does the stock valved shock.

Guessing you have the Sachs 48/Ohlins 888 Combo. Sounds alot like the same setup I have on my 2010 Euro model. I know the forks are valved differently to the stock ones.

I haven't played with the shock too much and am quite happy where it is. I may back it out some more just to see based on your settings.

I have found my forks rarely use 100% of the travel. I haven't come right out on the clickers yet.

MJC 05-31-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakobi (Post 64444)
Guessing you have the Sachs 48/Ohlins 888 Combo. Sounds alot like the same setup I have on my 2010 Euro model. I know the forks are valved differently to the stock ones.

I haven't played with the shock too much and am quite happy where it is. I may back it out some more just to see based on your settings.

I have found my forks rarely use 100% of the travel. I haven't come right out on the clickers yet.

I have an 11' Six days 250 with the 45mm zokes and the Ohlins 888 on the rear. The rear shock works great at those settings IMO. The Forks on the other hand...Before I had the forks revalved it didn't matter where I put the clickers the forks simple would not go through the full stroke, last 2"of travel. Honestly most people would not even notice it if they were not looking for it. I've since seen 2 other 11' xc's with 45mm Zoke forks that are doing the same thing. They didn't notice it until I pointed it out. Then I hear.... Huh your right it's not using the last 2" of travel, what did you do to yours.

Jakobi 06-01-2011 02:00 AM

Good call. I have been and know others who have been really happy with the Sachs I am running. I'm still running just soft of middle so I might back them off some more yet. I might soften up the shock some more yet too and see how it feels. Mine has been compliant but may have room for some more plushness!

mikjoh 11-04-2011 05:44 PM

How am I going to adjust the preload on a GasGas, do I have to pick out something to make it?
What tools is best to use?

Jakobi 12-05-2011 05:11 PM

Just a quick bump.

I got pretty lazy and haven't made any changes to the shock yet, but have been kicked up the ass a few times hitting square edges (mostly roots) at a decent speed (3rd gear midrange). I believe its all in the HS comp so I'll be winding it out like MJC did to 2 turns.

Just out of curiosity how much do you weigh fully geared and are you still running the stock spring?

As for my forks (Sachs) I have backed the compression clickers out a few more which has plushed it up and added another 5mm of air gap to them. I now use the full travel of the fork.

MrBlah 12-05-2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJC (Post 64446)
I have an 11' Six days 250 with the 45mm zokes and the Ohlins 888 on the rear. The rear shock works great at those settings IMO. The Forks on the other hand...Before I had the forks revalved it didn't matter where I put the clickers the forks simple would not go through the full stroke, last 2"of travel. Honestly most people would not even notice it if they were not looking for it. I've since seen 2 other 11' xc's with 45mm Zoke forks that are doing the same thing. They didn't notice it until I pointed it out. Then I hear.... Huh your right it's not using the last 2" of travel, what did you do to yours.

I have yet to bottom my revalved 45mm zokes, but they work so well I really dont want to touch them

no hurting hands or arms from these forks, unlike my ktm's